Dock Buttons show during full screen movie

MarburyMadison99

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Figure with the beautiful screen would be perfect to watch movies on the phone. I used MX Player and even in full screen the dock buttons show. Usually it shows a gray bar with three buttons across. Is there anyway with the stock UI to hide those buttons?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be a bug, I'm guessing, with Android and some video players. I noticed that when watching Netflix streams on my S4, but since I don't have on-screen buttons (thank Jebus!) the capacitive buttons are the ones that light up; I suppose it's the equivalent of having the buttons show up in your screen while watching the video... much more annoying that the lights below the screen :p

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
On my Verizon phone had the same thing. Used the provided Movie Player app and no dock buttons. So it's an app issue.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just tried a video on mine with both the stock video player and MX. In both cases, with the same video, it opened full screen. The buttons would appear initially, auto hide, reappear if the screen was touched and then auto hide again. I was using a 1080p video I has taken on another phone. Have you tried different videos or videos of a different file format to see if this is happening in every case for you?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
MX needs to update there app
Im sticking with stick video player for now.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Buttons auto hide ok in HBO go, Netflix, and other apps except for Dish Network sling adapter which I use a lot.
Sent them an email about it and hope they can fix it.