I really want to love this phone but...

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
And I do but the camera feels less than 13mp. I tried intelligent auto and that didn't make much of a difference. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

Kris Nelson

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Go into the camera settings if you haven't already changed it.. Change to 13M. For some reason the default is set to 10M. I'm not sure it makes a significant difference or not for you but give it a try.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Go into the camera settings if you haven't already changed it.. Change to 13M. For some reason the default is set to 10M. I'm not sure it makes a significant difference or not for you but give it a try.

I did that thanks. Still not getting s4 quality :( I don't want to give this phone back but the camera is very important to me. I wish I was getting as good a picture as all the reviews state it's capable of.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Feels less than 13mp? All that number is is the dimensions of the picture. Are you saying you're disappointed in the image quality of the photos? Image quality and megapixels have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Feels less than 13mp? All that number is is the dimensions of the picture. Are you saying you're disappointed in the resolution of the photos? Resolution and megapixels have nothing to do with each other.

I'm saying the s4 has a 13mp and I felt the pictures were sharper. Reviews state that this phone is comparable but I'm not seeing it. Was wondering if there was a setting I was missing.

If it's that much of an issue just take it back n get the phone that fits ur camera needs.

I'm asking because I love everything about the phone and want to try to get the camera to fit my needs.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sharpness is more about focus than megapixels (unless you're doing 100% crops).

What scenarios are you feeling it doesn't compare? Low light, daytime, macro, portrait, landscape? They all require the phone to do different things.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Sharpness is more about focus than megapixels (unless you're doing 100% crops).

What scenarios are you feeling it doesn't compare? Low light, daytime, macro, portrait, landscape? They all require the phone to do different things.

I've only tried indoor during daytime with natural light

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If i was that concerned about being that picky on my pics, id most definatlly use my SLR!!! I think it takes great pics, for being a phone btw! :)

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
If i was that concerned about being that picky on my pics, id most definatlly use my SLR!!! I think it takes great pics, for being a phone btw! :)

I don't think I'm being picky by asking for clear pics lol I'm also not going to carry a separate device

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've only tried indoor during daytime with natural light

Can you upload an example shot where you think it's soft. My first guess is going to be that the phone either misfocused or used a high ISO which softened the photo during noise reduction.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
If you're happy with the S4 camera then use the S4. It's not like it's a bad phone. My results have been good, but I have not used a S4.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Every review I have read has the G2 camera better than the S4. I love the camera and it takes great pictures, even inside and low light. If you can't get good pictures with it than there is something wrong with the phone and you need to replace it.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Every review I have read has the G2 camera better than the S4. I love the camera and it takes great pictures, even inside and low light. If you can't get good pictures with it than there is something wrong with the phone and you need to replace it.

What this guy said!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If camera is your concern then go buy a iPhone 5s. That'll solve all your concerns with g2. So stop wasting time head to the store and get that bad azz iPhone 5s. Your life will be much better.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
And I do but the camera feels less than 13mp. I tried intelligent auto and that didn't make much of a difference. Any suggestions?

What I am finding is the camera tends to default to a very high ISO instead of auto flash, sometimes as high as 6400 in low light conditions which makes the pics look grainy. You can find this out by bringing up the photo details. Assuming you are referring to indoor shots, try leaving the flash forced on all the time and manually adjusting the ISO TO 400 OR 800. Sport mode defaults the ISO to 400 also, so you can try that. I'm getting the best photos I have ever seen out of a smartphone, but it requires a little more thought and adjustment in low light situations.

artofdance

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Have y'all tried taking pictures in the club? Or just in general, at a low light spot? Goodness, the light stays on for a good 3 seconds while the camera focuses, and then take another 3 seconds to actually lock on and take the photo. Hahaha. Not the most convenient flash. Also...you'll never get any candid shots with this camera. Haha.