What UI Tweaks Have Improved Your UX?

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I absolutely love my G2. However, I do agree with something I've read in several reviews: UI tweaks improve the experience of using the phone. Personally, I've gotten rid of QSlide in my notifications panel, and I turned my "Front Touch Buttons" Theme to Black Gradation. I'm sure there's even more room for improvement. What tweaks have you guys done? Thanks in advance for responding!

tondagossa

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
In addition to what you've done, I've also edited the function switches which appear in the notifications pull down. To take it a step further, on the second day I had the phone (may have been on Friday the 13th, lol) I rooted it and used Auto Hide Soft Keys, mainly so I could use the entire screen for The Pinball Arcade.

Other than the usual widget tinkering and moving icons around, I haven't done much else, nor have I felt the need to. It's been pretty functional in the stock UI for me and snappy to boot.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
You can enlarge the size of your most used go-to apps or use your own pic from gallert in icon edit mode. I like the stock ui for the most part.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I switched to nova launcher because although I loved that stock launcher, i'm sick of the constant redraw from it.

since I'm rooted, I've also installed a few mods... since I'm on Verizon, we didn't get the full black status bar, so i installed the mod to turn black gradation into full black, along with the drop down bar being full black. then, I installed the mod to make the soft keys really small so i get more screen space. love it.
e2unaqev.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I switched to nova launcher because although I loved that stock launcher, i'm sick of the constant redraw from it.

since I'm rooted, I've also installed a few mods... since I'm on Verizon, we didn't get the full black status bar, so i installed the mod to turn black gradation into full black, along with the drop down bar being full black. then, I installed the mod to make the soft keys really small so i get more screen space. love it. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/e2unaqev.jpg

What exactly is redraw? The flash of the screen when it starts up?

I love nova and miss a lot if it's features but no transparency option is a deal breaker. I guess black is an improvement over grey but still looks ghetto imo. If rooting wasn't so risky I may have tried it out. Besides I thought android was all about customization? I didn't know I needed to be dev savvy to use home made hacks to customize my phone.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
redraw apparently doesn't exist on the att version from what I hear. it's when all the widgets refresh, but on the g2, it freezes movement and gets choppy when it redraws which makes it laggy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz