Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Quick window case scratching screens?

I just returned my quick window case to verizon because it was causing micro scratches where the metal ring on the interior of the case was contacting the screen. I loved the case mainly for the ease of waking up the device. Just wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,358 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Quick window case scratching screens?

Whoa. I'd be really really mad if a case actually damaged my phone.
    Live long and prosper.

I use a screen protector. No issues so far.

Hi Yes you are right mine has been scratched quite bad by the frame of the window case. Spoke to LG UK they are investigating it. Make sure you log it with LG USA you should hopefully get a new phone from them. Im just waiting to hear an outcome but very poor design in terms of the case but love the G2 its amazing.
    Let me know how you get on

Chris

i kept the screen protector/ film on the screen that came with it in the box(it was really clear) and the quick window
    case scratched that up pretty bad so I'm assuming it would have to the screen too

I have had mine for 3 weeks,
    scratches have started appearing around the bezel where the quick case is in contact with the scree,
    i have also contacted LG uk who say that they haven't heard of this problem before!

Cris Movistar did you have any response from them?

best regards

Yes, I am thinking of getting this but I would only use it with a screen protector on

I've been using QuickWindow without screen protector for more than a month now... I don't see any scratch whatsoever.

yes it is definitely scratching screen.i used my case almost a mont.after that i saw rectengular scratches on the screen.i send my phone to lg official service and i want them to change my device.unfortunately they refuse to change device because its passed almost two months since i bought the phone.So they have changed the touch screen.And they done nothing about the case.i bought that case to protect my device not to scratch.

I see this one at amazon, but ratings are not that good, but I wonder if there is no metal around the metal to scratch the screen? Any one try this one?

http://www.amazon.com/CoverBot-Quick...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

i am using my original case with screenprotector.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

I've had the Quickview case on my AT&T G2 for a month or more and my screen is as shiny and scratch free as the day the phone came out of the box...no screen protector either.

It would be interesting to see if how one carries 's the phone has anything to do with this. Like if someone crams it tight into their pants this may cause the case to press harder on the screen, thus causing scratches, verses someone who never puts the phone in their pants pocket buy carries it in a purse or brief case.

I do put my phone in my jeans pocket... err.. slimfit jeans, that is.. lol. It seems to help if you always keep the screen clean from lint and dust so it won't accumulate around the QW opening and causes scratches...

Angry Re: Quick window case scratching screens?

Yes mine has done exactly the same!! Sent the case to LG and the ars.....s said there is no fault with the case!! Really angers me as I paid a lot of money for the phone (which is brilliant) and after 4 weeks its all scratched on the screen in the the shape of the window. This may just be the tipping point for me this time how I have been treated by LG UK. I don't think the Main Korean Head Quarters would be happy how the UK side run their operations as they have basically said I am lying!!! I am closely watching this situation as I know more and more people are going to have the same outcome with the Quick Window Case Scratching their phones.

Yes I sent the case to them after 2 days they sent it back saying there were no faults with the case. This has made me even more determined to get a new phone from them. I am just waiting to see what happens when the complaints build up to the point where they are going to have to admit to the problem.
    Cheers

I will be taking mine back to the store once I return to the UK (been working abroad for 2 months) I put a screen protector on once I noticed the scratches appearing and its scratched that up too! I will let yous know the out come.

Posted via Android Central App

The nillkin Quick window case doesn't do this, might be worth trying one of those? I have one and love it.

Just saw this thread, then I looked down at my phone and realized that rectangle on my glass wasn't just dust. So that's cute...

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

At Wireless Wave yesterday picking up a G2 for myself and one for the wife, had a pile of in store credits the clerk showed me one of these cases and when I told him about this issue he pulled one out of the box looked at it and said Yes he could definatly see this being an issue and was going to follow up with his hire ups.

Still not an issue with my case.

Has anyone had any resolution with getting their screens fixed from the window scratch? I talked to LG, and they said they would fix it, but that I would have to pay for shipping and it would take 3+ weeks.

I need my phone for my job, so 3 weeks without it is out of the question.

Don't use that case ...best off going with tpu like diztronic. Put phone in jeans pocket all the time no screen protector dropped phone once and not one scratch.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Still no scratch issues using my case.

same here
    even the scratch guard was scratched badly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast