Question for previous LG owners from ios user.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
This is my first lg smart phone and I'm new to android since april with gs4. Coming originally from IOS we probably can all agree that Apple regularly sends out fixes, updates, features and the older models always get the new IOS when released.

My question is historically, how has LG been with support for previous flagships as far as internal LG UI updates and android updates?

My concern is that I rarely see or hear anything about this phone except for android specific sites. I see no advertisement and in AT&T and Verizon stores I have seen the G2 set aside with crappy phones. Recently I saw it with no power or description and this weekend I was looking for cases and it was not on display at all in both Verizon and att that I visited. The reps didn't even know what it was and pointed me at the G pro. I can't even find a case for this in a store.

Is what I have now all it will be for the next 2 years?

Sent from my LG-D80 mobile

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Carrier retail store clerks are usually there pushing either the iPhone or Samsung devices.

They don't realize other devices exist, like HTC, LG, or Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
phone store reps aren't technological smart people, for the most part. they know nothing of phones outside of the iPhone or droid lines. don't take their lack of knowledge as something to scare you away from the phone. it's a powerful, amazing phone that kills the droid line and the iPhone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
phone store reps aren't technological smart people, for the most part. they know nothing of phones outside of the iPhone or droid lines. don't take their lack of knowledge as something to scare you away from the phone. it's a powerful, amazing phone that kills the droid line and the iPhone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

I love the phone, I know it's a great phone. I was just talking about the lack of awareness. They would be hung if that was the gs4 2 weeks after launch.

Plus that was just an observation. My main question was about lg's past record as far as updates and support with flagship models of the past.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I love the phone, I know it's a great phone. I was just talking about the lack of awareness. They would be hung if that was the gs4 2 weeks after launch.

Plus that was just an observation. My main question was about lg's past record as far as updates and support with flagship models of the past.

LG is trying to get over the lack of awareness. I've seen a ton of G2 commercials on the channels I watch on tv. Now maybe I just notice these commercials more because I already have the phone, but I've never seen so many commercials for one device in a long time. If you go to the Verizon stores you have to ask them for the accessories as usually the only accessories they keep out on the floor are the iPhone accessories and the ones around here have the S3 accessories also (they don't even have all of the S4 accessories on the floor yet). The accessories are also starting to come out on Amazon as well. LG is doing it's best to market this phone and with the good reviews from AC, DL, and Phone Arena, I think it has staying power.

As for the updates, LG updated the Revolution on Verizon and it was considered by most people to be the red headed step-child of Verizon's phones so now that they have a flagship that has the potential to topple Samsung's reign (not saying that it will, but it definitely has the potential), I think LG is going to stick with this phone and support it.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I hope so. Maybe I should stop watching history channel and CNN to see more commercials lol. I'm not familiar with Verizon but it's a little annoying at att when you see the phone unplugged with no description or like this weekend not on display at all. An average person needing a New phone would not have even known it existed. I for one would have been pissed I didn't see this gem. For me it had everything the gs4 and HTC one didn't have. It was the perfect phone I was looking for back in April when I ended up with gs4 after struggling over HTC.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. Maybe I should stop watching history channel and CNN to see more commercials lol. I'm not familiar with Verizon but it's a little annoying at att when you see the phone unplugged with no description or like this weekend not on display at all. An average person needing a New phone would not have even known it existed. I for one would have been pissed I didn't see this gem. For me it had everything the gs4 and HTC one didn't have. It was the perfect phone I was looking for back in April when I ended up with gs4 after struggling over HTC.

Well if it makes you feel any better, the Verizon stores here in St. Louis all have the G2 next to the S4 and the Notes. Verizon has the Droids in one section, the iPhones in another section, the Windows phones in yet another section, then the lower end Android phones are in their own section, and then the top of the line Android phones and around here the G2 is right in the middle of the top of the line phones.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

i think you should just stop watching CNN in general ;)

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
There's lots of cases for it on Amazon

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

I know but I like to try it on first. I actually found one at t-mobile yesterday. They had the best selection of 5 cases in a store.

Now, I'm considering switching to t-mobile after seeing their plan pricing!!
I currently have att unlimited data. How do you guys like t-mobile as far as coverage?? I'm in long island and travel to NYC often.

lakerkev

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
At my verizon, the g2 is off in the corner next to the old, weird, 4/3 aspect ratio lg device. When I went they had no clue about it. I educated them, but I digress... here on the west coast near L.A. t-mobile has horrible coverage( call and data). Hope you enjoy android...

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
At my verizon, the g2 is off in the corner next to the old, weird, 4/3 aspect ratio lg device. When I went they had no clue about it. I educated them, but I digress... here on the west coast near L.A. t-mobile has horrible coverage( call and data). Hope you enjoy android...

I've decided to stick with att. I've heard mostly bad things from people about T-Mobile in my area. As far as this phone I love it, for me I couldn't ask for more. Perfect size, beautiful screen, great battery. I have to admit t-mobile did have the most support for this phone. They had 5 different cases where att had one