Lag on the G2?

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I just recently got my G2 on T-Mobile and do far I love it. One thing had bugged me though. The reviews went on and on about how this is the fastest phone on the market with no lag issues and all kids of other stuff. However I have had some lag issues with mine and some pretty severe for what this phone is supposed to be able to do. It's usually on normal tasks like backing out of the app after sending a text and things if that nature. Does anyone have any suggestions? Did I maybe get just a bad unit? Thanks! It's been flawless otherwise!

Posted via Android Central App

NevetsDrassel

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have not experienced any lagging on my AT&T G2. I consider myself a "normal" user and spend lots of time browsing the web, texting, emailing, and such. I do however have to admit that I have most if not all options off on my phone that can be used for any type of tracking, including GPS location services and like things.

Even when I was downloading a 3GB file over the WiFi and browsing the net and watching Boob Toob videos, and texting and emailing, I have not noticed any lag at all on my phone.

I am not a gamer though and I rarely if at any time have all four cores operating at the same time.

Jason Cockerham

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have not experienced any lagging on my AT&T G2. I consider myself a "normal" user and spend lots of time browsing the web, texting, emailing, and such. I do however have to admit that I have most if not all options off on my phone that can be used for any type of tracking, including GPS location services and like things.

Even when I was downloading a 3GB file over the WiFi and browsing the net and watching Boob Toob videos, and texting and emailing, I have not noticed any lag at all on my phone.

I am not a gamer though and I rarely if at any time have all four cores operating at the same time.

On thanks man. That's good to know. I'm a fairly normal user too so I just wanted to see what everyone else was experiencing. Thanks for the input. I might try a factory reset.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset is good, remember less things running ( apps, etc.) faster no lagging the G2 moves.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

Jason Cockerham

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset is good, remember less things running ( apps, etc.) faster no lagging the G2 moves.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

True dat. I always make sure to clear my apps and I restart every now and then but maybe a reset is needed.

Posted via telepathy.

cc7211

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-mobile and didn't see any lag on my g2 so far.

Hey guys. I just recently got my G2 on T-Mobile and do far I love it. One thing had bugged me though. The reviews went on and on about how this is the fastest phone on the market with no lag issues and all kids of other stuff. However I have had some lag issues with mine and some pretty severe for what this phone is supposed to be able to do. It's usually on normal tasks like backing out of the app after sending a text and things if that nature. Does anyone have any suggestions? Did I maybe get just a bad unit? Thanks! It's been flawless otherwise!