LG G2 - Security Issues with pattern unlocking

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have my AT&T LG G2 setup with a pattern unlock on the lock screen. I have noticed many times that while doing something such as being in the messaging screen and if the screen goes off, turning the phone back on from sleep it goes straight into the message app without the pattern unlock coming on. Also I have noticed that if I play around enough with it on the lock screen by swiping to the sides to load camera and add more widgets it sometimes will eventually go back to the main home screen, all without any unlock options. I have my unlock setting to turn on as soon as the screen goes off as well there is no delay in it.

Anyone else have this issue? It's not a major one for me, I just find it could be a problem though if someone needed their phone on lockdown all the time and there is a way to bypass it.

bhendrix1223

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure in the lock screen settings there has to be a lock timer setting. This would solve your 1st issue as far as how long before it locks even when the screen times out.

Not sure about the second issue. I saw they put widgets on the lock screen if you go side to side but when I accessed camera and was done with camera it went straight to the lock screen and wouldn't let me in the phone. Of course I was playing with a Verizon phone.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Go to Google Play Store and download free versions of GO LOCKER and HOLO LOCKER. Pattern Locks no good.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have my AT&T LG G2 setup with a pattern unlock on the lock screen. I have noticed many times that while doing something such as being in the messaging screen and if the screen goes off, turning the phone back on from sleep it goes straight into the message app without the pattern unlock coming on. Also I have noticed that if I play around enough with it on the lock screen by swiping to the sides to load camera and add more widgets it sometimes will eventually go back to the main home screen, all without any unlock options. I have my unlock setting to turn on as soon as the screen goes off as well there is no delay in it.

Anyone else have this issue? It's not a major one for me, I just find it could be a problem though if someone needed their phone on lockdown all the time and there is a way to bypass it.
like bhendrix1223 said. go into your settings and look at the lock timer settings under lockscreen.
if its set to and amount of seconds thats when the lock will happen. just change it to immediately.
just click power button instantly locks. it should lock the screen right away after you lock the screen.

and about the locksreen widgets that willll be googles fault