GPS signal loss?

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had problems with the GPS losing a lock on the signal? It's happened to me twice where the gps will lose my route and just start telling me to turn in random places lol.

Other than that little glitch phone is great!

Posted via Android Central App

matboud

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, had the same problem. Between GPS not locking and floating when it did, and screen glitching often (as many others have reported), I had to pull the plug and return it for the Note 3. With LG's track record of slow updates, I couldn't chance it.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, had the same problem. Between GPS not locking and floating when it did, and screen glitching often (as many others have reported), I had to pull the plug and return it for the Note 3. With LG's track record of slow updates, I couldn't chance it.

I was messing with the Note 3 yesterday and its a nice device but I'm not giving up on the G2 just yet. Hopefully there's a update to fix the software.

graybeard5

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem with the GPS trying to get a lock on my location at home in Ohio. I am in Vegas on vacation now and the GPS locks on very fast out here. Not sure what it is other than location but it is much better here

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
People have been reporting GPS problems with the LG Optimus F7 also, but some have no problem with it at all.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem with the GPS trying to get a lock on my location at home in Ohio. I am in Vegas on vacation now and the GPS locks on very fast out here. Not sure what it is other than location but it is much better here

I get a 50/50 deal with using GPS on this phone, I had no problems on my Nexus 4 but maybe I was in a bad area or something where the signal dropped.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
People have been reporting GPS problems with the LG Optimus F7 also, but some have no problem with it at all.

I'm hoping LG supports this device I know their track record with some *cough cough* G2x... But we will see.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm hoping LG supports this device I know their track record with some *cough cough* G2x... But we will see.

Would it be a software problem or hardware? I thought maybe a huge number of certain models had bad radios, but if they can fix it with software that would be great.

graybeard5

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I get a 50/50 deal with using GPS on this phone, I had no problems on my Nexus 4 but maybe I was in a bad area or something where the signal dropped.

It would be interesting to see if it is because of clearer weather or not. Outside has been good in both places but inside took forever at home.

WillCunn

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My GPS on my Optimus F7 is so far off on my location when I am driving that it is useless in Michigan. I believe that LG may have used a very cheap GPS sensor since some people are having the same in certain parts of the country. I never had this problem with my Samsung.
My solution is not to buy anymore LG products.

1BassJohn

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My GPS on my Optimus F7 is so far off on my location when I am driving that it is useless in Michigan. I believe that LG may have used a very cheap GPS sensor since some people are having the same in certain parts of the country. I never had this problem with my Samsung.
My solution is not to buy anymore LG products.

Im afraid you may be right.. I'm typing this on my g2 which is still a brilliant phone, but these incessant problems, and no support, mean I'm on the way to looking at the Note 3 option!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance