Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chargers

Anyone found a charger for this phone besides the one that came with it that doesn't cause "slow charging"? I've got tons of chargers around here, but I can't find a charger/cable combination that seems to work. I've always had chargers in several places around the house and I'd like to have a cheap option for a quick charger.

Default Re: Chargers

Check out the blackberry playbook charger on amazon. I bought it around $8 and it matches the 1.8a rating on the OEM charger.

Posted via Android Central App

I use a blackberry q10 charger. Seems like if charges faster than the stock charger.

LG G2

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

From what I have read, there is more to it than just the amps of the charger. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800's Quick Charge spec calls for both the device (phone) and the charger to be compatible; and to some extent, the cable. To clarify, using the stock LG G2 charger with a standard micro USB cable will sometimes result in "Slow Charge".

What I'm looking for, and guessing that the OP is too, is what SPECIFIC chargers have some of you gotten that might not only charge fast but also "Quick Charge"? The BB Playbook chargers sound promising -- as they are dedicated chargers, and not a power cube + USB cable which seems to be the norm these days. Is it the Playbook "Rapid Charger" or a replacement Playbook charger? TIA.

example: Genuine Blackberry Travel Rapid Charger FOR Blackberry Playbook Magnetic Charger | eBay

or

Blackberry Folding Blade Charger FOR Playbook Tablet ACC 39343 301 | eBay
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G2 D-803 | Android 4.4.2 | Rogers Wireless

Interestingly, my old Palm Pre charging block and cable charges the G2 just as quickly as the stock charger. You can still get them on Ebay for about 4 bucks if you don't mind having a charging block that says "PALM" on it heh.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    From what I have read, there is more to it than just the amps of the charger. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800's Quick Charge spec calls for both the device (phone) and the charger to be compatible; and to some extent, the cable. To clarify, using the stock LG G2 charger with a standard micro USB cable will sometimes result in "Slow Charge".

What I'm looking for, and guessing that the OP is too, is what SPECIFIC chargers have some of you gotten that might not only charge fast but also "Quick Charge"? The BB Playbook chargers sound promising -- as they are dedicated chargers, and not a power cube + USB cable which seems to be the norm these days. Is it the Playbook "Rapid Charger" or a replacement Playbook charger? TIA.

example: Genuine Blackberry Travel Rapid Charger FOR Blackberry Playbook Magnetic Charger | eBay

or

Blackberry Folding Blade Charger FOR Playbook Tablet ACC 39343 301 | eBay
    Exactly what I was asking. Thank you for clarifying.

I purchased the folding blade charger for the playbook from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004OZ...idcentral00-20

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

Cool tw3nty2, thanks. I see that part number matches up with the 2nd one I linked too. (I see I oopsed also, my first link for the Rapid Charger doesn't have a micro usb connector).

Nice to have confirmation of at least one charger that will support Quick Charge. As I may have mentioned in another thread, the only thing worse than finding out most of your cables and chargers don't support Quick Charge is ordering new ones and finding out that they don't support Quick Charge either... LOL.

ROM
    SGS3-4.1.2

I have used old chargers/cables from my Galaxy S2 and S3, as well as Motorola micro usb cable and they have worked fine. I have used an old blackberry bold charger and it came up as slow charging.

Global Posts
    529 Global Posts

That's good news too. My S3 charger that came with the phone is only 1A though; but I don't have high hopes for the various other BB chargers I have laying around, hehe; probably time to retire those ones under 1A anyways or use 'em for emergencies (throw 'em in backpacks, jackets, friend's place, etc.!).
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by tw3nty2 View Post
    I purchased the folding blade charger for the playbook from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004OZ...idcentral00-20

Have you tried this yet or just ordered? I've tried every Samsung, Motorola, Nexus....Charger in my house, and the only one I get quick charge on is the OEM LG. Hopefully a few can confirm this one to work.

Yes I have tried the charger and it seems to charge at the same rate as OEM. I do not get the slow charging notice with some other cables/chargers I have tried.

nothing from Palm or Blackberry will ever get near my Android. i don't trust their shoddy hardware.

I have a wireless qi charger and, while it doesn't say it is charging slowly, it is not charging normally.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    Interestingly, my old Palm Pre charging block and cable charges the G2 just as quickly as the stock charger. You can still get them on Ebay for about 4 bucks if you don't mind having a charging block that says "PALM" on it heh.
    Had a palm Pre on Sprint. I tried both the wall charger and car charger (both worked fine with my VZW GNex), but they would only slow charge my VZW G2. I also tried the Touchstone, but of course it did nothing...

My GF has a VZW branded car charger (not the dual charger) that will quick charge my G2.

Has anyone tried a HP Touchpad charger? It is 5.3V 2.0A output. I have the charger from my Touchpad but no G2 yet. Waiting on Sprint.
    soulgrnd likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Car chargers?
    Car chargers?
    List of Compatible Chargers and Cables (no slow charge)
    List of Compatible Chargers and Cables (no slow charge)

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by lakaw View Post
    Had a palm Pre on Sprint. I tried both the wall charger and car charger (both worked fine with my VZW GNex), but they would only slow charge my VZW G2. I also tried the Touchstone, but of course it did nothing...

My GF has a VZW branded car charger (not the dual charger) that will quick charge my G2.
    Odd. I have my G2 on my Palm Pre charger as I type this and do not have the slow charging notification. Are you using the original cable? Maybe there's a difference in the carrier variants regarding charging beyond the obvious difference with wireless charging on the VZW version.
    Current Device: LG G2 (D800 - AT&T)

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JayWill View Post
    Odd. I have my G2 on my Palm Pre charger as I type this and do not have the slow charging notification. Are you using the original cable? Maybe there's a difference in the carrier variants regarding charging beyond the obvious difference with wireless charging on the VZW version.
    Yes. Original cable and wall plug. The Sprint wall plug is the world plug with several interchangeable plug configurations. Mine says output = 1.0A.

what happens if i use the charger that came with the phone, and the wireless qi charger? will it cause a loop and blow up/short circuit? or will it charge quicker?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Not charge quicker with qi. It depends on how the qi is set up from manufacturer. Some like the tylt charge pretty good but they built it into there charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post
    what happens if i use the charger that came with the phone, and the wireless qi charger? will it cause a loop and blow up/short circuit? or will it charge quicker?

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

i have
    Amazon.com: (UPGRADED) Anker Qi-Enabled Single-Position Wireless Charger Charging Pad - White (AC Adapter Not Included but Micro USB Cable): Cell Phones & Accessories
    well not rally this one, since mine uses the older charging port. this one uses a micro usb charger, which i wish they had before, but i got what i got. and it charges up kinda slowly, compared to the charger that came with the phone.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Not charge quicker with qi. It depends on how the qi is set up from manufacturer. Some like the tylt charge pretty good but they built it into there charger.

The TYLT wireless charger is excellent and charges significantly faster than other qi chargers but it's $69. I think it's worth it.

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

And if u buy from vzw and a have a accessory discount in my case 25% it makes it less painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PLBs View Post
    The TYLT wireless charger is excellent and charges significantly faster than other qi chargers but it's $69. I think it's worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast