Chargers

ulrich6

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone found a charger for this phone besides the one that came with it that doesn't cause "slow charging"? I've got tons of chargers around here, but I can't find a charger/cable combination that seems to work. I've always had chargers in several places around the house and I'd like to have a cheap option for a quick charger.

tw3nty2

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Check out the blackberry playbook charger on amazon. I bought it around $8 and it matches the 1.8a rating on the OEM charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read, there is more to it than just the amps of the charger. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800's Quick Charge spec calls for both the device (phone) and the charger to be compatible; and to some extent, the cable. To clarify, using the stock LG G2 charger with a standard micro USB cable will sometimes result in "Slow Charge".

What I'm looking for, and guessing that the OP is too, is what SPECIFIC chargers have some of you gotten that might not only charge fast but also "Quick Charge"? The BB Playbook chargers sound promising -- as they are dedicated chargers, and not a power cube + USB cable which seems to be the norm these days. Is it the Playbook "Rapid Charger" or a replacement Playbook charger? TIA.

example: Genuine Blackberry Travel Rapid Charger FOR Blackberry Playbook Magnetic Charger | eBay

or

Blackberry Folding Blade Charger FOR Playbook Tablet ACC 39343 301 | eBay

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, my old Palm Pre charging block and cable charges the G2 just as quickly as the stock charger. You can still get them on Ebay for about 4 bucks if you don't mind having a charging block that says "PALM" on it heh.

ulrich6

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read, there is more to it than just the amps of the charger. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 800's Quick Charge spec calls for both the device (phone) and the charger to be compatible; and to some extent, the cable. To clarify, using the stock LG G2 charger with a standard micro USB cable will sometimes result in "Slow Charge".

What I'm looking for, and guessing that the OP is too, is what SPECIFIC chargers have some of you gotten that might not only charge fast but also "Quick Charge"? The BB Playbook chargers sound promising -- as they are dedicated chargers, and not a power cube + USB cable which seems to be the norm these days. Is it the Playbook "Rapid Charger" or a replacement Playbook charger? TIA.

example: Genuine Blackberry Travel Rapid Charger FOR Blackberry Playbook Magnetic Charger | eBay

or

Blackberry Folding Blade Charger FOR Playbook Tablet ACC 39343 301 | eBay

Exactly what I was asking. Thank you for clarifying.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Cool tw3nty2, thanks. I see that part number matches up with the 2nd one I linked too. (I see I oopsed also, my first link for the Rapid Charger doesn't have a micro usb connector).

Nice to have confirmation of at least one charger that will support Quick Charge. As I may have mentioned in another thread, the only thing worse than finding out most of your cables and chargers don't support Quick Charge is ordering new ones and finding out that they don't support Quick Charge either... LOL.

dhughes

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have used old chargers/cables from my Galaxy S2 and S3, as well as Motorola micro usb cable and they have worked fine. I have used an old blackberry bold charger and it came up as slow charging.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
That's good news too. My S3 charger that came with the phone is only 1A though; but I don't have high hopes for the various other BB chargers I have laying around, hehe; probably time to retire those ones under 1A anyways or use 'em for emergencies (throw 'em in backpacks, jackets, friend's place, etc.!).

tw3nty2

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have tried the charger and it seems to charge at the same rate as OEM. I do not get the slow charging notice with some other cables/chargers I have tried.

Posted via Android Central App

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a wireless qi charger and, while it doesn't say it is charging slowly, it is not charging normally.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 2

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Interestingly, my old Palm Pre charging block and cable charges the G2 just as quickly as the stock charger. You can still get them on Ebay for about 4 bucks if you don't mind having a charging block that says "PALM" on it heh.

Had a palm Pre on Sprint. I tried both the wall charger and car charger (both worked fine with my VZW GNex), but they would only slow charge my VZW G2. I also tried the Touchstone, but of course it did nothing...

My GF has a VZW branded car charger (not the dual charger) that will quick charge my G2.

fryguy1

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried a HP Touchpad charger? It is 5.3V 2.0A output. I have the charger from my Touchpad but no G2 yet. Waiting on Sprint.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Had a palm Pre on Sprint. I tried both the wall charger and car charger (both worked fine with my VZW GNex), but they would only slow charge my VZW G2. I also tried the Touchstone, but of course it did nothing...

My GF has a VZW branded car charger (not the dual charger) that will quick charge my G2.

Odd. I have my G2 on my Palm Pre charger as I type this and do not have the slow charging notification. Are you using the original cable? Maybe there's a difference in the carrier variants regarding charging beyond the obvious difference with wireless charging on the VZW version.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Odd. I have my G2 on my Palm Pre charger as I type this and do not have the slow charging notification. Are you using the original cable? Maybe there's a difference in the carrier variants regarding charging beyond the obvious difference with wireless charging on the VZW version.

Yes. Original cable and wall plug. The Sprint wall plug is the world plug with several interchangeable plug configurations. Mine says output = 1.0A.