The stock music player is a joke

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
It's clear lg put not effort at all it the music player features. Can you even search on here or pull up music by genre.. Lol glad I have power amp

Posted via Android Central App

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the stock player mainly because it can stream my tunes to my home Pioneer receiver with ease. BUT, when I try to stream my tunes via BT to my car radio, I can never get the artist/title to display correctly on the radio. Meaning if I pick a tune, the correct title may show up fine, when I hit the skip forward button, the display stays stuck on the previous song. Not end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

I tried (and paid for) PowerAmp and it works fine as far as display goes but the sound it outputs is HORRIBLE. I tied changing the tone buttons, EQ etc, and nothing really help, the sound is harsh and clips in some cases. Got really annoying so I dumped it and went with RocketPlayer and it's been golden right from the start, nice clear sound, easy to use, display is fine etc.

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got the free version of Rocket Player yesterday and love it. I like the interface much better than Power amp. I'm waiting for a sale to the paid version and make the switch.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

Bloodthirsty

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Whats wrong with the Google Play app? I had poweramp years ago but I went to streaming all my music(still on unlimited data). None of the 3rd party players can access google music as far as I know.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Whats wrong with the Google Play app? I had poweramp years ago but I went to streaming all my music(still on unlimited data). None of the 3rd party players can access google music as far as I know.

I can't remember the app the use to use to get my Google music on poweramp. But it worked great.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Got the free version of Rocket Player yesterday and love it. I like the interface much better than Power amp. I'm waiting for a sale to the paid version and make the switch.

You're right, none of the players should make a difference in sound if set up the same. It's all in preference of interface. How much money do you envision saving by waiting for a sale? fifty cents? :)

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Some thing like that. I i just upgraded a bunch of apps so I'm a bit short right now on the app fund.

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a free full featured music player in play store? I downloaded WinAmp thinking it would be like on the PC and nope, $5 for all features. Same with the other listed in this thread. Thanks

posted from LG G2

Last edited:

aiaN

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I tossed songs with 24bit and 96000hz on the stock player and it played them actually the best. I have tried other players.
I think its weird that the high quality songs really play louder than my mp3's and streaming services (wimp, spotify)....
Its like they understand its a hi fi geek and he won't use 8-16ohm beats headphones ^^

I ended up getting the PlayerPro and playerPro DSP pack for volume boost in my songs in general!
Still wish it was a easy way to feed my 32ohm headphones enough power without rooting :(

Tony Roberts1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I like the stock player mainly because it can stream my tunes to my home Pioneer receiver with ease. BUT, when I try to stream my tunes via BT to my car radio, I can never get the artist/title to display correctly on the radio. Meaning if I pick a tune, the correct title may show up fine, when I hit the skip forward button, the display stays stuck on the previous song. Not end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

I tried (and paid for) PowerAmp and it works fine as far as display goes but the sound it outputs is HORRIBLE. I tied changing the tone buttons, EQ etc, and nothing really help, the sound is harsh and clips in some cases. Got really annoying so I dumped it and went with RocketPlayer and it's been golden right from the start, nice clear sound, easy to use, display is fine etc.

I hate to resurrect old posts but power amp doesn't sound horrible when you actually have enough sense to search for a sound processor aka Viper android combined with power amp makes use of the most power and best sounding combo ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma