Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Christopher Gilliam
  • 2 Post By emilioaponte
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The stock music player is a joke

It's clear lg put not effort at all it the music player features. Can you even search on here or pull up music by genre.. Lol glad I have power amp

Posted via Android Central App
    Technified likes this.

Default Re: The stock music player is a joke

Poweramp all the way.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
    GPilot650 and Technified like this.

Rocket Music Player
    JRTStudio

I like the stock player mainly because it can stream my tunes to my home Pioneer receiver with ease. BUT, when I try to stream my tunes via BT to my car radio, I can never get the artist/title to display correctly on the radio. Meaning if I pick a tune, the correct title may show up fine, when I hit the skip forward button, the display stays stuck on the previous song. Not end of the world, but annoying nonetheless.

I tried (and paid for) PowerAmp and it works fine as far as display goes but the sound it outputs is HORRIBLE. I tied changing the tone buttons, EQ etc, and nothing really help, the sound is harsh and clips in some cases. Got really annoying so I dumped it and went with RocketPlayer and it's been golden right from the start, nice clear sound, easy to use, display is fine etc.

Got the free version of Rocket Player yesterday and love it. I like the interface much better than Power amp. I'm waiting for a sale to the paid version and make the switch.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay I'll give rocket and try

Posted via Android Central App

Whats wrong with the Google Play app? I had poweramp years ago but I went to streaming all my music(still on unlimited data). None of the 3rd party players can access google music as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Whats wrong with the Google Play app? I had poweramp years ago but I went to streaming all my music(still on unlimited data). None of the 3rd party players can access google music as far as I know.
    I can't remember the app the use to use to get my Google music on poweramp. But it worked great.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

Quote Originally Posted by Jyscal View Post
    Got the free version of Rocket Player yesterday and love it. I like the interface much better than Power amp. I'm waiting for a sale to the paid version and make the switch.

You're right, none of the players should make a difference in sound if set up the same. It's all in preference of interface. How much money do you envision saving by waiting for a sale? fifty cents?

Some thing like that. I i just upgraded a bunch of apps so I'm a bit short right now on the app fund.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

You guys should check out music player remix. Best music player imo and the dev is great.
    Thanked by:
    DanPLC 

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

Does anyone know of a free full featured music player in play store? I downloaded WinAmp thinking it would be like on the PC and nope, $5 for all features. Same with the other listed in this thread. Thanks

posted from LG G2
    Last edited by Jastow; 10-11-2013 at 01:36 PM.

I tossed songs with 24bit and 96000hz on the stock player and it played them actually the best. I have tried other players.
    I think its weird that the high quality songs really play louder than my mp3's and streaming services (wimp, spotify)....
    Its like they understand its a hi fi geek and he won't use 8-16ohm beats headphones ^^

I ended up getting the PlayerPro and playerPro DSP pack for volume boost in my songs in general!
    Still wish it was a easy way to feed my 32ohm headphones enough power without rooting