LG G2 - Any Possible Way To Use Playstore Icon Packs?

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
the lg g2 you can set custom icons to any app. is there a way to use the downloaded icon packs from playstore like you would use in nova launcher or apex.

monil11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes I was trying this on my G2 the other day and I think I finally figured a way to do this.

I' am not sure what icon pack you are trying to use but the one I got was an app to download individual icons (they have a big catalog). Besides on the G2 I think we can only change the icons one at a time so this shouldn't really matter.

How I did it:

1. Download an app from Google Play called 'Free App Icons and Icon Packs' by 'Jelly Tap'
2. Browse through the app and download the icon(s) you want. Its a pretty straight forward process.
3. Use your file explorer and go to the saved location of the icon(s) you have just downloaded from this app. By default mine got stored in Internal storage -> Icon finder Plus.
4. Rename all the icon files you want to use with the extension .jpeg
5. Go back to the home screen and long press on any icon. Once it vibrates lift you finger.
6. Notice the paint brush mini icon on the top right of the actual icon and tap it.
7. On the top, Click on Photo Icon.
8. Click Add new -> browse -> find your image -> crop and done.

Repeat step 5 onwards for each app.

Hope that helps.

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Worked great for me. Couldn't initially use the jpgs from the original folder, so I posted them into a folder I named icons in my pictures. Viola!

-g-

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have the iOS 7 theme which I love. I have it with nova. I was going to give stock a try and if I don't like it I will just use nova. I also have read on here that with nova you can't make the home button/application button/ back button transparent. Anyone find a solution to that? I don't want to root my phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Right now I have the iOS 7 theme which I love. I have it with nova. I was going to give stock a try and if I don't like it I will just use nova. I also have read on here that with nova you can't make the home button/application button/ back button transparent. Anyone find a solution to that? I don't want to root my phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

For right now you can't use Nova and get transparent notification and button bars.

Posted via G2 Android Central App

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes I was trying this on my G2 the other day and I think I finally figured a way to do this.

I' am not sure what icon pack you are trying to use but the one I got was an app to download individual icons (they have a big catalog). Besides on the G2 I think we can only change the icons one at a time so this shouldn't really matter.

How I did it:

1. Download an app from Google Play called 'Free App Icons and Icon Packs' by 'Jelly Tap'
2. Browse through the app and download the icon(s) you want. Its a pretty straight forward process.
3. Use your file explorer and go to the saved location of the icon(s) you have just downloaded from this app. By default mine got stored in Internal storage -> Icon finder Plus.
4. Rename all the icon files you want to use with the extension .jpeg
5. Go back to the home screen and long press on any icon. Once it vibrates lift you finger.
6. Notice the paint brush mini icon on the top right of the actual icon and tap it.
7. On the top, Click on Photo Icon.
8. Click Add new -> browse -> find your image -> crop and done.

Repeat step 5 onwards for each app.

Hope that helps.

Are the icons all perfect squares with this method? Or shapes of whatever it may be like the gmail icon for example.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

prettybones24

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I've been doing
1. Download the app "ThemeX - Theme Extractor" from Google Play. This app saves icons and wallpapers from Go Launcher, Adw launcher, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher and Go Locker
2. All Icons and Wallpapers saved by the app can be found in your gallery. No need to rename any files.
3. To use your new icons long press on any icon. Once you see the mini paint brush icon tap it , click on Photo Icon, add new and complete action with Gallery
4. Browse your Gallery for the icon of your choice
Now repeat these steps for each app. :)

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I've been doing
1. Download the app "ThemeX - Theme Extractor" from Google Play. This app saves icons and wallpapers from Go Launcher, Adw launcher, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher and Go Locker
2. All Icons and Wallpapers saved by the app can be found in your gallery. No need to rename any files.
3. To use your new icons long press on any icon. Once you see the mini paint brush icon tap it , click on Photo Icon, add new and complete action with Gallery
4. Browse your Gallery for the icon of your choice
Now repeat these steps for each app. :)

Nice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

faztbikez

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Just download any image go to the download folder and change the file type name from example jpg to jpeg, or gif to jpeg, and that's it you can use that image as and icon with out having to download and app. Just get the image from Google images and that's it

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante