Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monil11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 - Any Possible Way To Use Playstore Icon Packs?

the lg g2 you can set custom icons to any app. is there a way to use the downloaded icon packs from playstore like you would use in nova launcher or apex.

Default Re: LG G2 - Any Possible Way To Use Playstore Icon Packs?

I am wondering the same thing. This forum seems so slow.. I guess not many people have bought the g2..

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

Yes I was trying this on my G2 the other day and I think I finally figured a way to do this.

I' am not sure what icon pack you are trying to use but the one I got was an app to download individual icons (they have a big catalog). Besides on the G2 I think we can only change the icons one at a time so this shouldn't really matter.

How I did it:

1. Download an app from Google Play called 'Free App Icons and Icon Packs' by 'Jelly Tap'
    2. Browse through the app and download the icon(s) you want. Its a pretty straight forward process.
    3. Use your file explorer and go to the saved location of the icon(s) you have just downloaded from this app. By default mine got stored in Internal storage -> Icon finder Plus.
    4. Rename all the icon files you want to use with the extension .jpeg
    5. Go back to the home screen and long press on any icon. Once it vibrates lift you finger.
    6. Notice the paint brush mini icon on the top right of the actual icon and tap it.
    7. On the top, Click on Photo Icon.
    8. Click Add new -> browse -> find your image -> crop and done.

Repeat step 5 onwards for each app.

Hope that helps.
    Thanked by 4:
    missmotya likes this.

Worked great for me. Couldn't initially use the jpgs from the original folder, so I posted them into a folder I named icons in my pictures. Viola!

-g-

Right now I have the iOS 7 theme which I love. I have it with nova. I was going to give stock a try and if I don't like it I will just use nova. I also have read on here that with nova you can't make the home button/application button/ back button transparent. Anyone find a solution to that? I don't want to root my phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by gummyjelly View Post
    Right now I have the iOS 7 theme which I love. I have it with nova. I was going to give stock a try and if I don't like it I will just use nova. I also have read on here that with nova you can't make the home button/application button/ back button transparent. Anyone find a solution to that? I don't want to root my phone.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    For right now you can't use Nova and get transparent notification and button bars.

Posted via G2 Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by monil11 View Post
    Yes I was trying this on my G2 the other day and I think I finally figured a way to do this.

I' am not sure what icon pack you are trying to use but the one I got was an app to download individual icons (they have a big catalog). Besides on the G2 I think we can only change the icons one at a time so this shouldn't really matter.

How I did it:

1. Download an app from Google Play called 'Free App Icons and Icon Packs' by 'Jelly Tap'
    2. Browse through the app and download the icon(s) you want. Its a pretty straight forward process.
    3. Use your file explorer and go to the saved location of the icon(s) you have just downloaded from this app. By default mine got stored in Internal storage -> Icon finder Plus.
    4. Rename all the icon files you want to use with the extension .jpeg
    5. Go back to the home screen and long press on any icon. Once it vibrates lift you finger.
    6. Notice the paint brush mini icon on the top right of the actual icon and tap it.
    7. On the top, Click on Photo Icon.
    8. Click Add new -> browse -> find your image -> crop and done.

Repeat step 5 onwards for each app.

Hope that helps.
    Are the icons all perfect squares with this method? Or shapes of whatever it may be like the gmail icon for example.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Here is what I've been doing
    1. Download the app "ThemeX - Theme Extractor" from Google Play. This app saves icons and wallpapers from Go Launcher, Adw launcher, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher and Go Locker
    2. All Icons and Wallpapers saved by the app can be found in your gallery. No need to rename any files.
    3. To use your new icons long press on any icon. Once you see the mini paint brush icon tap it , click on Photo Icon, add new and complete action with Gallery
    4. Browse your Gallery for the icon of your choice
    Now repeat these steps for each app.
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by prettybones24 View Post
    Here is what I've been doing
    1. Download the app "ThemeX - Theme Extractor" from Google Play. This app saves icons and wallpapers from Go Launcher, Adw launcher, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher and Go Locker
    2. All Icons and Wallpapers saved by the app can be found in your gallery. No need to rename any files.
    3. To use your new icons long press on any icon. Once you see the mini paint brush icon tap it , click on Photo Icon, add new and complete action with Gallery
    4. Browse your Gallery for the icon of your choice
    Now repeat these steps for each app.
    Nice.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Check this thread it may be helpful

A nice Icon pack for 3rd party and STOCK launcher

Posted via Android Central App

some themes can be found on play store for LG Stock Launcher

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...leftarmspinner

What happens if it's an icon that doesn't have a squared shape when you are supposed to crop the picture?? Thanks

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

This works on unrooted phones.
    Very handy for using with the stock launcher.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iconchanger.ad

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Just download any image go to the download folder and change the file type name from example jpg to jpeg, or gif to jpeg, and that's it you can use that image as and icon with out having to download and app. Just get the image from Google images and that's it