Why People Over Look LG G2

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
id say people over look the lg g2 is because the button placement.
they take a look at it and say wtf thats weird because they are use to it being on the sides.

honestly when i saw it i thought thats pretty cool it seems logical.
and to be perfectly honest the buttons placement feels pretty dang natural it feels like its actually ment to be there.

other company's should take note for lg's brilliant idea.

if you have any other reason why people over look it please post.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Because many have been waiting for the new Nexus to be officially announced. My reason, anyway. I'll be all over the G2 if the N5 falls short (though leaked specs say it won't)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people equate Android with Galaxy. The average person probably doesn't even think the G2 is Android. As for why reviewers have been harsh towards it: I think LG's bloated software doesn't do it any favours, and nor do the back buttons.

That said, I don't know why reviewers give it such a hard time. Many will say how great the battery life is, how fantastic the display is and how fast it is, yet won't give it a recommend.

Just odd.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Really it's a best device. ..when I used note 2..I use to charge it allways...battery in note 2 was very poor..but now G2 gives me unbelievable battery life...I love the hd screen.....and camera is awesome. ..I read a French article said that G2 is the best android phone of the year

Posted via Android Central App

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Its not highly advertised like the Samsung Galaxy phones or like the iPhones. I also think the buttons on the back is a very neat idea and I know I will get use to it fast, I hate having to stretch my fingers to the sides of the phones to press something. I have small hands but I don't want a small phone! lol :)

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
1. Because it's made by LG
2. Lack of advertising relative to others
3. Store placement. I'm on Verizon and when you walk into the store, all you see are iPhones, Samsungs and Motorola Droids. No big signage for LG's.

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive seen quite a bit more ads for the G2 than I expected. Especially on television.
I am surprised, but that's a good thing.
Also most reviews I have come across have been pretty positive. The UI is actually pretty damn good. Its highly functional and customizable without being overloaded with gimmicky tweaks that will go unused and simply slow the entire thing down.
Touchwiz anyone?
The G2 is a great device and I would highly recomend it to anyone looking to purchase a new smartphone.
Just my $.02

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
1. Because it's made by LG
2. Lack of advertising relative to others
3. Store placement. I'm on Verizon and when you walk into the store, all you see are iPhones, Samsungs and Motorola Droids. No big signage for LG's.

I would possibly agree with 1, but not the other 2. I'm hard pressed to watch an hour of tv without seeing at least one or two G2 commercials and it doesn't matter what channel I'm watching. In regard to the store placement. It really depends on the store. It did take Verizon a little longer to get the phone out on the floor, but now that the ones around me have it out, it's right next to the Samsung phones. The Droids have their own section, but that's because it's a specific brand and Verizon is still selling four models (Ultra, Maxx, Mini, and Razr M). The X has actually become black sheep in the stores around me as all of them put it next to the Windows Phones.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ive seen quite a bit more ads for the G2 than I expected. Especially on television.
I am surprised, but that's a good thing.
Also most reviews I have come across have been pretty positive. The UI is actually pretty damn good. Its highly functional and customizable without being overloaded with gimmicky tweaks that will go unused and simply slow the entire thing down.
Touchwiz anyone?
The G2 is a great device and I would highly recomend it to anyone looking to purchase a new smartphone.
Just my $.02

I agree 100%. If people don't think this phone is being advertised, then they haven't watched any tv at all since the phone came out. I've said multiple times that Google could put some of LG's features into AOSP.

o0adam0o

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
As others have mentioned... Its overlooked because its not HTC or Samsung which is what everyone is used to. Others have had bad experience with LG phones a looong time ago. Ive never owned a non-HTC smartphone... ever. Ive had HTC since windows mobile 5.0. I preordered the LGG2 and am hoping I can get used to the UI changes.

Also.. LG has done a bad job at advertising the phone. They say nothing about the mazing battery life... they say noting about how its similar in size to the S4 but with a bigger screen... they don't say anything bout its top of the line specs. It just looks like another phone to less tech savy people.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
As others have mentioned... Its overlooked because its not HTC or Samsung which is what everyone is used to. Others have had bad experience with LG phones a looong time ago. Ive never owned a non-HTC smartphone... ever. Ive had HTC since windows mobile 5.0. I preordered the LGG2 and am hoping I can get used to the UI changes.

Also.. LG has done a bad job at advertising the phone. They say nothing about the mazing battery life... they say noting about how its similar in size to the S4 but with a bigger screen... they don't say anything bout its top of the line specs. It just looks like another phone to less tech savy people.

I honestly think the only reason Samsung has gotten so big and popular is because they have become the default anti-Apple phone. You have to hand it to Samsung in that sense, they were ahead of the game with their iPhone line ads. One of my co-workers got an S3 a couple of months ago and he's already said that it will be the last Samsung phone that he gets.

As much as I hate to say it as a techy myself, techs don't sell phones. If that were the case Samsung wouldn't have gotten so big so quickly. Samsung didn't just list specs in their commercials, they made fun of the iPhone drones standing in lines hoping that their new version would have features that Samsung (in reality all Android phones) already had. Motorola/Google is also not mentioning specs at all in their commercials. Instead like Samsung they are pointing out features in the software. So far the only manufacturer that is pointing out specs in their commercials is Nokia and even with them the only thing they point out is the 41MP camera.

I agree that LG may be able to point out some of the features a little better, but LG seems to think that the biggest selling point to the masses is the OIS camera. I may disagree with them a little, yeah it's really cool, but Nokia has that as well and they don't even mention it. The LG UI to me is really nice. There are a lot of features that are really cool and if more people knew about them, they wouldn't be so worried about the UI.

mount.zed

May 31, 2013
Visit site
might be because of there history of not updating their OS frequently. I hope LG recognizes that people take this into consideration. It would be a great idea for them to come out publicly and state what there go forward protocol will be re updates. When I hear complaints that is by far the one I hear most often

monil11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
There are many reasons people dont buy a phone. But for the average consumer the biggest reasons are:

1. Lack of awareness. - Many people wanting to buy a phone right now dont even know what G2 is.
2. History - LG hasnt historically made phones worth considering.
3. Marketing - LG is far behind others in this area.
4. Brand Image - LG is not premium or cool or even geeky. Its hard to point out what a LG customer 'must be like'.
5. Button placement - People sometimes dont like new (unless it done by Apple.) regardless of how useful it is.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
might be because of there history of not updating their OS frequently. I hope LG recognizes that people take this into consideration. It would be a great idea for them to come out publicly and state what there go forward protocol will be re updates. When I hear complaints that is by far the one I hear most often

Well that was Samsung's biggest mark against them up until the S2 and S3. So LG can certainly turn things around. I think LG is literally just following Samsung's footsteps (which is a good thing). I mean Samsung's biggest drawback was the slow updates, then they get showcased for the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus. Next thing you know Samsung starts putting out updates in a more timely manner. LG is in the same boat, they are showcased for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. Now XDA has an Spanish article stating that LG and Google are working together to make it so they have the fastest turn around time to date of any new Android software updates for their non-Nexus phones.

Mike Gonzales

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
People pass LG up becuase of marketing. Samsung and Apple market the **** out of their products. Name an LG advertisement you've seen on tv... Exactly. Thats it. people buy brands they recognize. And for a lot of those that are familiar with LG phones, there is a bad reputation for not updating devices timely, or at all! I know I fall into this category.

I swore I wouldn't go LG ever again after the G2X. I liked the G2X, but the updates from LG just never came. I went in to check out the HTC One and ended up leaving with a G2. Out of box the functionality is great, useful features I would only expect in a custom rom. But, I'm done with roms and all that, just want a great day to day phone that won't die on me mid day. the G2 fits the bill in spades. I am running Apex launcher, but I'm thinking about giving the stock launcher a go.

Just hope the updates do come...

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
People pass LG up becuase of marketing. Samsung and Apple market the **** out of their products. Name an LG advertisement you've seen on tv... Exactly. Thats it. people buy brands they recognize. And for a lot of those that are familiar with LG phones, there is a bad reputation for not updating devices timely, or at all! I know I fall into this category.

I swore I wouldn't go LG ever again after the G2X. I liked the G2X, but the updates from LG just never came. I went in to check out the HTC One and ended up leaving with a G2. Out of box the functionality is great, useful features I would only expect in a custom rom. But, I'm done with roms and all that, just want a great day to day phone that won't die on me mid day. the G2 fits the bill in spades. I am running Apex launcher, but I'm thinking about giving the stock launcher a go.

Just hope the updates do come...

I've seen the G2 advertised on TV during major prime time shows on several occasions.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the G2 advertised on TV during major prime time shows on several occasions.

As I said in previous posts I cannot watch an hour of tv without seeing a G2 commercial. I don't know what people are doing where they don't see ads. Also the phone has only been out for a month. We don't know that people are overlooking it yet. The only thing that hurt LG so far is when they released. Most of the techies around here probably already grabbed the S4 or the One, but people's contracts are up at different times.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk now Free