kit kat upgrade

Jeremy Smith14

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Sprint G2 to ship with Kit Kat? Not holding my breath but could be the reason for the delayed release (available on the same day as Nexus 5). Also possible given sprint's integration with Google Voice which is supposed to be enhanced in the new Hangouts app.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 "back up"

Had...

hTc one. I had two of them, 32GB.
64GB Apple iPhone 5S
Samsung Galaxy S4
32GB nexus 4

I had 17 more but won't bother listing them.

SHIFT_tapatalk Note 3

There was a 32gb Nexus 4? That's a lot of phones!

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Sprint G2 to ship with Kit Kat? Not holding my breath but could be the reason for the delayed release (available on the same day as Nexus 5). Also possible given sprint's integration with Google Voice which is supposed to be enhanced in the new Hangouts app.

Nope. We wish but from what I understand it was due to trouble optimizing the funky bandwith Sprint uses.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Getting support and getting a whole new OS are two different things.

I buy a computer with windows 7, I don't get free upgrades to all subsequent versions.

But, yeah, I expect bug fixes. Everything beyond that is an entitlement mindset.

Not the same thing at all. The manufacturers have set the precedent many, many times over that they will upgrade the devices when android versions upgrade.

As for your comparison to MS Windows? Puhleease. Windows is a proprietary, pay for ownership and use, operating system. Android is not.

I completely agree with you on the don't buy it for what you hope the manufacturer will do with it - that just sets you up for disappointment. But I would expect LG to upgrade to KitKat (but haven't seen anything in KitKat I can't live without. If I did, it would be a Nexus for me.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea right. LG g2 won't even get 4.3 nevermind kitkat

Posted via Android Central App

And quite frankly I hope the G2 doesn't get 4.3 as it would just be a waste of time, energy, and money on LG's part to go to 4.3 when they had first access to 4.4.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea right. LG g2 won't even get 4.3 nevermind kitkat

Posted via Android Central App

Wow. Just wow. Its sad to see that you have gotten so jaded. I am frustrated too but manufacturors can change when properly motivated. If LG sees updates as a way to get back in the game and increase their marketshare you can bet they will do a better job of it. It all comes down to money for these companies eventually. All signs point to this being true.

I felt like you for a while but give them at least a month or two before you write them off again to see if the change is real. Even on 4.2 this is the best phone out right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital