Wireless Storage problems

alexguy96

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,
I tried to connect my computer to my T-Mobile G2 wirelessly using the Wireless storage feature on my G2, but on my computer when I type in the address, it says "The webpage is not available". Any solutions to fixing this? I would like to transfer music from my PC to my phone without using a USB cord. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if that matters, and both are connected to the same wi-fi signal.

Thanks!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey there,
I tried to connect my computer to my T-Mobile G2 wirelessly using the Wireless storage feature on my G2, but on my computer when I type in the address, it says "The webpage is not available". Any solutions to fixing this? I would like to transfer music from my PC to my phone without using a USB cord. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if that matters, and both are connected to the same wi-fi signal.

Thanks!

Follow this quick little guide I posted and you should be all set ...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/317028-wireless-storage-lg-g2.html

monil11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Im facing the same problem and Im on Mac OSX. 10.8.5

I have tried Safari, Chrome, File Explorer and none of these work.
I have tried smb:\\, the \\G2 extension and these did not help either.

I heard that on Macs I will have trouble transferring files from Mac to G2 but G2 to Mac should work fine. However, I cant even connect to the G2. Very Strange.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a 15" Macbook pro and I do the following:
DON'T use Safari. It works MUCH better to use the Finder to connect to it like a shared server.

From the finder, go to "GO" menu and select "Connect to Server"

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 7.46.31 AM.png

Then enter the address as "smb:\\xxx.xxx.xx.xx " X's being replaced with the appropriate IP address you're phone will give you

Screen Shot 2013-10-15 at 7.57.26 AM.png

It will then prompt you for you name and password and those are on you phone as well.

blue duck butter

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having trouble. Windows 7. Have tried both the addresses given on the phone in Chrome, IE and through the explorer on my computer. It never works. Any other troubleshooting ideas?

steve daniels

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you including the two backslashes?

You definitely want to use Windows Explorer. Type the IP address including the slashes in the address bar and press Enter. You should be prompted for a username and password.

You also might want to mention what actually happens when it fails to work. Error message? Etc.

Last thing, and it should be obvious: Both your computer and your phone will need to be on the same network when you're doing this.

steve daniels

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Let's stick with the IP address track for now. What's your computer's IP address? And what's your phone IP address? Get the former by going to a command prompt (Start...Run...cmd) and typing ipconfig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz