How to silence call without denying it?

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know how to do it so I pressed the volume down button and it answered the call ugh. Sometimes I just am busy or don't want to talk but I don't want to make it obvious that I ignored their call and I don't want the phone to keep ringing. Is it the power button that I press?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know how to do it so I pressed the volume down button and it answered the call ugh. Sometimes I just am busy or don't want to talk but I don't want to make it obvious that I ignored their call and I don't want the phone to keep ringing. Is it the power button that I press?

There is a feature under the Gestures settings that allows you to flip the phone to silence a call.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

There is a feature under the Gestures settings that allows you to flip the phone to silence a call.

There is also a feature to fade out the ringer when you pick the phone up. That's what I have it set to right now.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
As long as you press the down key on the back of the phone, it will just keep showing the screen and then go to vm, it simply just silents the phone like normal. It has worked for me on ATT.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For me its just pressing the power button I noticed Lol. Just like the galaxy s4. But I like the feature of just turning it over. Much faster :)

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
All good information.

You should also have an "Ignore" button on your screen when an incoming call is ringing (there's also an "Ignore with message" button that will automatically send a text with either standard content or custom content you can select - such as "busy - call you later").

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1