stock text message app

Josh Johnson4

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
hey guys new to Android.. im a former iOS user... when Im getting text and opening the app.. the dang thing always goes to the top of the conversation... with only a inch or so of the conversation showing over the keyboard making it difficult to get down to the bottom... I would say this happens 7 out of 10 times. is there a way to fix it... or a way of getting into the app that im doing that is causing this. Its aggravating is all. any advise?

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It seems like it happens when you try to open the full message from the quick reply? If you scroll down a bit in the message, you will get a bar on the side that you can drag all the way to the bottom.

I really like the stock app, and how the pop-ups work. Although, the best part about android, is you can download another messaging app if you wish. Handcent, GoSms, textra, chomp, etc

Nicole Keightly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Just to add on to that other answer, I've tried GoSMS, Handcent, and Chomp. Out of the three, I preferred GoSMS for being highly customizable, but ended up using Chomp, which still looks sleek but isn't a RAM eater like GO and Handcent.

Josh Johnson4

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
are these other apps using the actual texting protocol or are they using data over an alternate number.. like google does. I frequent areas that don't have data really but I can text... sometimes can't even make a call. just curious. Thanks

foxelein

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Google with it hangout..?
That uses data, chat text..
but those apps like gosms, chomp act like stock sms app, except for MMS or other data sent by/from theirs..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
are these other apps using the actual texting protocol or are they using data over an alternate number.. like google does. I frequent areas that don't have data really but I can text... sometimes can't even make a call. just curious. Thanks

Go and handcent use standard sms but also have the ability to do non-sms texting. Chomp is sms only I believe.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad