hey guys new to Android.. im a former iOS user... when Im getting text and opening the app.. the dang thing always goes to the top of the conversation... with only a inch or so of the conversation showing over the keyboard making it difficult to get down to the bottom... I would say this happens 7 out of 10 times. is there a way to fix it... or a way of getting into the app that im doing that is causing this. Its aggravating is all. any advise?
    10-20-2013 05:45 PM
    It seems like it happens when you try to open the full message from the quick reply? If you scroll down a bit in the message, you will get a bar on the side that you can drag all the way to the bottom.

I really like the stock app, and how the pop-ups work. Although, the best part about android, is you can download another messaging app if you wish. Handcent, GoSms, textra, chomp, etc
    10-20-2013 06:47 PM
    Just to add on to that other answer, I've tried GoSMS, Handcent, and Chomp. Out of the three, I preferred GoSMS for being highly customizable, but ended up using Chomp, which still looks sleek but isn't a RAM eater like GO and Handcent.
    10-20-2013 06:57 PM
    are these other apps using the actual texting protocol or are they using data over an alternate number.. like google does. I frequent areas that don't have data really but I can text... sometimes can't even make a call. just curious. Thanks
    10-21-2013 01:15 PM
    Google with it hangout..?
    That uses data, chat text..
    but those apps like gosms, chomp act like stock sms app, except for MMS or other data sent by/from theirs..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    10-21-2013 01:24 PM
    are these other apps using the actual texting protocol or are they using data over an alternate number.. like google does. I frequent areas that don't have data really but I can text... sometimes can't even make a call. just curious. Thanks
    Go and handcent use standard sms but also have the ability to do non-sms texting. Chomp is sms only I believe.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.
    10-22-2013 10:37 PM