Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By MrBungle999
  • 1 Post By VideoEngineerAJS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G2 rocks!!!

The g2 rocks. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a phone since my first iPhone (3g). galaxy s4 was my first dip into android and g2 was the icing on the cake. My wife still has her s4 and I can't believe I actually believed amoled was great. every time I pick up her phone or see her battery life I pinch myself. S4 really is kinda crappier compared to g2.

I still find it amusing how most of my friends still have an iPhone and plan to "upgrade" to the new "thump print" phone. They fear change and tell me my phone is too large?? Apple appeased the feeble minded.

btw. I know people are quick to dismiss the buttons on the back but I must say they are brilliant. perfect spot.

Posted via Android Central App

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    jeff327, karmamule, mysidx and 2 others like this.

Global Posts
    5,534 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: G2 rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle999 View Post
    The g2 rocks. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a phone since my first iPhone (3g). galaxy s4 was my first dip into android and g2 was the icing on the cake. My wife still has her s4 and I can't believe I actually believed amoled was great. every time I pick up her phone or see her battery life I pinch myself. S4 really is kinda crappier compared to g2.

I still find it amusing how most of my friends still have an iPhone and plan to "upgrade" to the new "thump print" phone. They fear change and tell me my phone is too large?? Apple appeased the feeble minded.

btw. I know people are quick to dismiss the buttons on the back but I must say they are brilliant. perfect spot.

Congrats! The G2 is a beast but I just can't stand their UI, looks like a sloppy imitation of TouchWiz. Nothing a launcher can't fix :P
    Still wouldn't trade my S4 for a G2 though

Congrats on getting a beast of a phone! Since I got mine on launch day 4 co workers have gotten this phone. 1 had a GS3, 2 had iPhone 5's, 1 had GS4.

They all r glad they switched.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

I agree! I've had multiple BB's, Androids, iPhones and a few Windows Phones. I haven't been as enthusiastic about a device since Jan 09 when I got my 1st iPhone. A 3G.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Congrats! The G2 is a beast but I just can't stand their UI, looks like a sloppy imitation of TouchWiz. Nothing a launcher can't fix :P
    Still wouldn't trade my S4 for a G2 though
    I'm sorry, but I really don't understand people who base their opinions of LG's UI on looks alone. It's nothing like Touchwiz and it doesn't hiccup like Touchwiz. Even if people think it may look a bit like Touchwiz, that can be changed with themes. I don't think these look like Touchwiz.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G2 rocks!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1382793857697.jpg   G2 rocks!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1382793917132.jpg   G2 rocks!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1382793967499.jpg   G2 rocks!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1382793995296.jpg  
    mikefrc31984 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    I'm sorry, but I really don't understand people who base their opinions of LG's UI on looks alone. It's nothing like Touchwiz and it doesn't hiccup like Touchwiz. Even if people think it may look a bit like Touchwiz, that can be changed with themes. I don't think these look like Touchwiz.

I have to agree, LG UI is great and and not sloppy. This phone has no lag and the OS is great.

I loved the LCD on my Nokia Lumia 920 and this one ifs even better!

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I actually find it funny, i have not heard any really hatefull threads on this phone yet!! Jinx

The only thing making me think that I want to return it is that I can not edit outlook.com contacts on my phone.

I.have skydrive, office 365 home premium, Xbox. Outlook.com app that syncs my email and calendar perfectly, only complaint. It syncs my contacts perfectly but I can't edit or add them. This part makes me want to go iOS or back to Windows Phone.

In the end I have just imported my contacts to gmail. Which isn't too bad except that my contacts on outlook.com will not stay in sync.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    The only thing making me think that I want to return it is that I can not edit outlook.com contacts on my phone.

I.have skydrive, office 365 home premium, Xbox. Outlook.com app that syncs my email and calendar perfectly, only complaint. It syncs my contacts perfectly but I can't edit or add them. This part makes me want to go iOS or back to Windows Phone.

In the end I have just imported my contacts to gmail. Which isn't too bad except that my contacts on outlook.com will not stay in sync.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2
    You should never ever go to IOS. I sync contacts to gmail. it works for me. It seems funny now that I realized I really don't use email for anything important. I made a mistake by giving the gap my email now my inbox is flooded with promotions. My work and important people in my life contacts me through text. email is my commercial and what I use to sign into websites or order dominoes pizza

I agree I love this phone. I had most of the iPhones from the 1st one to the 4s. I left iPhone for the galaxy s3 and then the galaxy s4. The galaxy line was so laggy compare to iOS but I loved the large screen and the customizing (without the need of jailbreaking). I said to myself if iPhone gets a larger screen I will go back like maybe a 5 in? Till I discovered the LG g2! No lag, beautiful, smooth and the buttons on the back are great! Touch Wiz was laggy and the colors were horrible. This phone is amazing. =)

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    5,534 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

That's why I said; "nothing a launcher can't fix." By sloppy I didn't mean the performance, I meant the look. What's that last launcher btw?

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

I agree with you all the way man, I went into the store hoping for a GS4 and I thought I was settling when I bought the G2, (GS4 was a bit more than I wanted to spend), I'm glad I did man this phone is a beast, and like you said, the dealbreaker on this phone is the amazing battery life.

Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slpkntmaggot View Post
    I agree with you all the way man, I went into the store hoping for a GS4 and I thought I was settling when I bought the G2, (GS4 was a bit more than I wanted to spend), I'm glad I did man this phone is a beast, and like you said, the dealbreaker on this phone is the amazing battery life.

The G2 kills anything Samsung makes, including the Note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Ugh. I can't stand when people say others are sheep because they prefer their iDevice over an Android one. Let's face it... both have a lot to offer. I loved my iPhone 5, but I wanted to tinker again and had a chance to get an LG G2 at no cost to me so I took it and love the phone. Doesn't mean that I dislike Apple... just means that my flavor of choice right now is Android, but doesn't change the fact that iOS has it's perks. The closed and popular ecosystem results in some amazing performance for hardware that is out dated in a lot of cases (minus the new x64 chip). The fact that 80%+ of mobile device sales of apps is on iOS means that most developers put the iOS version out first and tends to be more polished (and due to the smaller ecosystem you tend to have less issues as they don't have as many hardware / software variables).

My point is... both have a place. Don't do the sheep thing. You sound just as bad trying to act superior.

NOW...

Having said that... I'm glad you're loving it. I'm a big fan of my G2 so far, and it's a powerful and awesome device. Now I'm just hoping LG stays on the update train with 4.4 coming.

Global Posts
    644 Global Posts

Where did you get that clock/weather widget? What is it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sbudaj View Post
    Where did you get that clock/weather widget? What is it?

Thanks.
    HD Widgets. I had been using Fancy Widgets, but it doesn't stretch to 5 wide like HD Widgets or at least I hadn't been able to do it with Fancy Widgets.

Changing to Verizon in the next week or so. My contact with sprint just ended. Coming from an S3. Torn between the G2, s4, and maybe the droid maxx for battery life.

How much storage space is on the G2 available for us?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagle06 View Post
    Changing to Verizon in the next week or so. My contact with sprint just ended. Coming from an S3. Torn between the G2, s4, and maybe the droid maxx for battery life.

How much storage space is on the G2 available for us?
    It's 32GB, but available is about 24GB I think, it's hard to know because I've already downloaded a lot of stuff and the actual available I have right now is just over 20GB.