Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CorruptionDee
  • 1 Post By NevetsDrassel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question(s) for current LG G2 owners

How do you like the UI compared to touch wiz?

How do you like it on its own without being compared?

Do you love the phone but hate the UI?

What are the cons you have seen so far?

Sent from my SPH-L710

Default Re: Question(s) for current LG G2 owners

Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post

Sent from my SPH-L710
    I'll admit that I don't have a whole lot of experience with Touchwiz, but I did check out the S4 before going with the G2 and I even checked out the Note 3 after when I went back to Verizon to get a case. Touchwiz causes a lot of lag and I think part of that is because of all of the legacy code in the background. I've yet to have a hiccup with the G2.

I really wish the tech sites didn't spout off about it being a Touchwiz ripoff. It's not even close in my opinion. I love everything about the phone. I've had experience with stock, Sense, and Asus' UI aside from LG's current UI and so far LG's is my favorite.

I don't want to seem like a fanboy just because I have the phone, but I honestly can't think of any cons. Maybe the lack of changing the shape of the folders to look like stock and possibly not keeping the transparent task bar when using non-stock wallpapers, but those are really minute and it doesn't make me enjoy the phone any less.

How is the GPS performance on your unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEngineerAJS View Post
    I'll admit that I don't have a whole lot of experience with Touchwiz, but I did check out the S4 before going with the G2 and I even checked out the Note 3 after when I went back to Verizon to get a case. Touchwiz causes a lot of lag and I think part of that is because of all of the legacy code in the background. I've yet to have a hiccup with the G2.

I really wish the tech sites didn't spout off about it being a Touchwiz ripoff. It's not even close in my opinion. I love everything about the phone. I've had experience with stock, Sense, and Asus' UI aside from LG's current UI and so far LG's is my favorite.

I don't want to seem like a fanboy just because I have the phone, but I honestly can't think of any cons. Maybe the lack of changing the shape of the folders to look like stock and possibly not keeping the transparent task bar when using non-stock wallpapers, but those are really minute and it doesn't make me enjoy the phone any less.

Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    I haven't had any issues. I don't use GPS a whole lot, but when I do it's been good for me. I've had no issues with it locking on to my location and it doesn't matter if I'm in the house, a parking garage, or whatever.
    Thanked by:

Well let me give you my perspective. I have had every highly anticipated device that has come out this year and so far this one is my favorite. I'm really indifferent to LG's UI vs Touchwiz in terms of looks but in performance(I'd take Sense 5 over both), at least on this device LG's is much smoother. Touchwiz can lag at time and I haven't really experienced noticeble lag outside of a 3rd party app that needs to be forced closed. I like the hardware a lot better but the S4 is super light for a device of it's size so this is just a preference. I'm fine with the camera and all radios function properly and not issues with them. Now the buttons are hit and miss with the user. For me, I can't say that I'm overly in love with the placement, but I will say that it isn't a problem for me. I also wish there was a 64GB option or at least SD card but we already know the deal there so not going to go down that road. Lastly, I'll comment on the display. This display is better than the S4. No question about that. One of things I really like about it. If I had to rate based on ym own usuage with the devices it would be G2>One>S4. They are all great devices and you can't really go wrong with them. For the most part the thing that separates these are personal preference.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

>>> It makes TouchWiz look very professional, that's how bad it is.

>>> I probably would've returned it if I had no experience with Launchers. Honestly, Nova Prime is the reason why I kept it. Not just the G2 but android in general.

Don't get me wrong I love it the 5.2" is perfect and the lack of bezel is just amazing! Again I'm that anal about the UI. I mean bought icon packs from the play store.

>>> Placing the buttons on the back is a nice change but I already had an incident where I activated Developer mode in Nova that freaked me out. See "WTF happened to my G2." LOL

Sent from my SPH-L710

SHIFT_tapatalk Note 3
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Lol, thanks for all the replies so far :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710

Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    I have seen a few threads about people having issues with this. So far, I have had no issues at all with my VZW G2. It has actually worked better than my previous Android devices.

ROM
    SGS3-4.1.2

I feel the UI gives more customization then TouchWiz. The two are really similar though, so if you are used to TouchWiz the LG UI will be easy to pick up on. I feel the LG UI is smoother then TouchWiz. I have had a GS2 and GS3 and they always seemed to get bogged down at some point, and I feel it was because of TouchWiz.

I love the size of the screen, the screen quality, the camera and the overall speed of the device.

The cons for me that I have noticed so far, are: Sometimes the touch screen gets confused and freaks out. The only way I can fix this is to turn the screen off and back on. Not a major issue, but I think this has been a known LG issue for years, I remember it being this way on the Optimus G as well. Another thing I am not thrilled out is the speaker quality. It seems very low and when playing games or watching videos while holding the phone sideways, the natural location for your hand is to cover up the speaker. I just feel compared to my GS3 the G2's speaker is subpar for sounds, games and music. Not saying that it's a deal breaker, but overall it has nowhere near the output.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

I came from the Note 2 to the LG G2. On the Note 2 I used the Apex launcher. So, I pretty much took touch wiz out of the equation. At least on surface of it. On my LG G2 I am not using a third party launcher. With the ability to change icons and themes (At least on the Verizon version) there is no reason not to love the UI. I find this phone to be the best I have ever had.

I came from the galaxy 3. This UI is much smoother, without any noticeable lag that I would get on there.

The best phone I've ever owned. Best part, hands down, is the battery life.

No. I enjoy both, and the UI actually has some nice features built into it. Floating Apps, Clip Tray, knock knock are all useful tools.

Only thing I've seen, is the external speaker isn't as loud as I would like on some things.

As someone who has dealt exclusively with Galaxy S devices for over 3 years, I can tell you that I was initially apprehensive about going to an LG phone and dealing with LG 's UI, since I saw it as nothing more than a TouchWiz ripoff.

Having switched to the G2 over a month ago from a Note 2, I can safely say that I have actually grown to love LG 's UI. Calling it a TouchWiz ripoff couldn't be further from the truth. Visual similarities aside, LG 's UI is superior in every conceivable way. Gone are the glitches and micro lags I've experienced with TouchWiz even on my overclocked 1.8 Ghz Note 2 and even the S4. LG 's UI is infinitely more customizable, has the performance of stock android (lag free), and is very eye pleasing.

There's so many features that I'm finding more and more every day. The thing I like the most, coming from stock android and TouchWiz is that anything you don't like can be removed/ disabled. This is the first time I'm content with no reason to change launchers. Anyone who overlooks the G2 and/or LG because of past experiences and because they're not as big as Samsung is doing themselves a great disservice.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    rdubmu likes this.

It is actually almost the same. I like it a lot.
    I like the back buttons, how long the battery last. It last all day for me and the camera is pretty good. Not as good as my Nokia Lumia 920.
    I love the ui and the phone. I like the feature how a texts and come in and you do a quick response. You can also put an app in the background and make it transparent. Pretty neat.
    T-Mobile version doesn't have group messaging in the stock app. Also the pics are nice but not as good as my Lumia 920 or rather many other windows phones. Coming from Windows phone I find the os much more cumbersome to do the same things. The stock keyboard is horrible. I keep missing the space bar with a period. Lastly, autocorrect on this phone is the reason why there is a website called damn you autocorrect. I never knew what the issue was because on windows phone it has a very good auto correct.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I have switched from Note 2..only one reason I loved note 2 just because of S pen...I use to paint and draw. ...one year went after purchased ...no updates... samsung...touchwiz is ..irritating often it use to freeze mostly when playing games..always I use to restart. ..then poor battery life ..after long waiting for Updates ....i've changed my mind and got LgG2 really a best device I have in my hands.really nice design. .awesome screen. . .I really love the lg UI..it's better then touchwiz. . No freezing problems. .so fast..better multitasking. ..best to play games...everything is ok one big problem is No place for external sd card..this is the only...problem....

Posted via Android Central App

Sent from my SPH-L710

had the galaxy phones for a while andi can say its a lot better ui,

its a great phone. fast, nice and easy ui, great design

love both

low light video recording. thats all i got atm

I really like this phone a lot. No problems at all for me. I like it more than every other current phone available on the market today. I chose this phone over the HTC One and S4 due to its capabilities and ease of use.

One of the best if not the best on the market today.

Only down is The CIQ on the AT&T model but CIQ can be disabled through a couple of key strokes.

Best screen IMHO and the screen beats my wife's Moto X AMOLED screen hands down.

Not a fan boy, but this is really a great phone and I would not trade it for anything available on the market today.
    NewAge likes this.

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
    I really like this phone a lot. No problems at all for me. I like it more than every other current phone available on the market today. I chose this phone over the HTC One and S4 due to its capabilities and ease of use.

One of the best if not the best on the market today.

Only down is The CIQ on the AT&T model but CIQ can be disabled through a couple of key strokes.

Best screen IMHO and the screen beats my wife's Moto X AMOLED screen hands down.

Not a fan boy, but this is really a great phone and I would not trade it for anything available on the market today.
    +1. But I love it more with a custom ROM.
    Phone: LG G2, Nexus 4
    Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013), Xoom
    Retired: Blackberry Storm and 2, Droid X and X2, Galaxy Nexus