Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default QuickWindow Case -- Do you have it? What do you think?

I'm considering getting one of these (the window itself looks like a nice feature). Do any of you have it? How has it been holding up? Does it seem to protect the phone pretty well?

I've heard some rumours that the case itself can scratch the screen around the edge of the quickwindow. Is this something that you have experienced?

I know, a lot of questions, but unfortunately there really are very few real user reports from this case so far. Thanks!

Default Re: QuickWindow Case -- Do you have it? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ANewPlay256 View Post
    I'm considering getting one of these (the window itself looks like a nice feature). Do any of you have it? How has it been holding up? Does it seem to protect the phone pretty well?

I have it and used it exclusively until Verizon carried the Belkin folio case. I like it quite a bit.

I've heard some rumours that the case itself can scratch the screen around the edge of the quickwindow. Is this something that you have experienced?

I didn't have that issue. It leaves an area and hard lines where the screen isn't as clean as the rest of the screen because you keep tapping the phone to check the time or notification or whatever, but no scratches.

I know, a lot of questions, but unfortunately there really are very few real user reports from this case so far. Thanks!
    Thanked by:

I have one and really like it. Very handy.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Really wish there would be a cheaper red party alternative for that case

Posted via Android Central App
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for your feedback... I'm glad to hear these are pretty good. I was getting a little scared from some of the negative remarks out there, but it sounds like it might be a good case to get (albeit a bit pricey).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dplane View Post
    Really wish there would be a cheaper red party alternative for that case

This one looks promising, though it doesn't ship for a while, and I doubt it fits the Verizon model:
    http://www.amazon.com/CoverBot-QuickWindow-Stand-BLACK-Support/dp/B00FKRO9ZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383255954&sr=8-1&keywords=coverbot+lg+g2

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

It does not compliment the phone, the most thing I hate about it, it cancels out the camera shortcut (volume down)

I thought it sucked. Flap doesn't shut magnetically or anything so it just feels and looks cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    I thought it sucked. Flap doesn't shut magnetically or anything so it just feels and looks cheap.

Ditto.

LG G2

I am really enjoying it. I have not noticed it scratch the screen at all. At the end of the day the flap will not shut as well, but I charge the G2 face down and it's back to normal in the morning.

I have one and I like it. Unfortunately it is for the VZW model and not my AT&T model so I am selling it for a great price. I am going to get the AT&T model as soon as it comes available.

I have not experienced any of the issues mentioned above. No screen scratching (I have a screen protector), and it closes just fine. I really like it but the opening on the back is not quite large enough for the AT&T buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by NevetsDrassel View Post
    I have one and I like it. Unfortunately it is for the VZW model and not my AT&T model so I am selling it for a great price. I am going to get the AT&T model as soon as it comes available.

I have not experienced any of the issues mentioned above. No screen scratching (I have a screen protector), and it closes just fine. I really like it but the opening on the back is not quite large enough for the AT&T buttons.
    ??
    There is an AT&T case available. It's the version I have.

** You do have to watch though, the boxes don't label them "Verizon" or "ATT"...at least at Best Buy. I bought one when they came out. Put it on the phone but thought is seemed a bit "off" then read that there are two versions, so I went back to BB and exchanged it.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock LG G2 / CM10 G-Nex

I have had the case since day one and I love it. Works great for quick glances at the weather and time. The thing I love most about it is that I can listen to music(default player) and jump through tracks.

Only downside I see is that it doesn't close all of the way and the fix I have for that is to massage the spine and somewhat crease it gently and it will close nice and flush.

I have not experienced any scratches and as far as the Belkin one on the VZW site I didn't notice a window on the front.
    ~>2BMEISIMPOSSIBLE<~
    ~>2BURSELFISINEVITABLE<~

Speaking of the Verizon one. When I had that case by mistake, I noticed that the cover wouldn't stay closed properly. As soon as I switched to the AT&t version (AT&T), the case stay tightly closed like it should.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Been using it since the day I got the phone and like it. Takes away the glossy slippery feeling when holding the phone and protects the screen somewhat.

Posted via G2 Android Central App

I liked the feel of it but... I'm not one for Cases with flaps... really annoying when I'm calling or gaming... so i sold it

I have the cloudyg3 rom in my g2 vs980 if i buy a quickwindow case is still goint to work?

Posted via the Android Central App

ROM
    CM 10.1 Unofficial

I have one, and I liked it...until the back started cracking on it. Now I don't use it, because it doesn't stay on like it used to.

Still lovin' my case, however after my little one dropped it on some tile it developed a crack at the bottom. Gonna try a dob of Gorilla glue and I think it will be fine. Worst case I get another one from Best Buy since they (and most stores) are putting them on clearance now so they are getting cheaper to replace. I have the phone in a traditional case now and I really don't like it at all. I much prefer the ease of use the QW case offer. Flip it open and the phone is alive..close it and it goes back to "sleep". With the traditional snap on case I'm constantly having to "knock" and it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandro plata View Post
    I have the cloudyg3 rom in my g2 vs980 if i buy a quickwindow case is still goint to work?

Posted via the Android Central App
    There's a mod on XDA that allows you to.

Well I got lucky and found 1 last clearance case at BB yesterday and they price matched NewEgg's $13.99 price, so I now have a shiny new case and I'll keep the older one as a back up.