G2 durability

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How durable is the g2? I think it feels much more solid than the note 3. Is there anyone that has had it since launch that can speak to its toughness?

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I dropped mine screen first on a hardwood floor and it survived but any phone can be damaged by drops that's why there is cases

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a case, and dropped it multiple times. Very grateful I did, as there was no damage.

This is a big reason why I dont care much about what a phone looks like, since im slapping a case on it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Well when I say durable I don't necessarily mean drops. I'm talking about the bumps it takes in normal wear and tear. I have 2 dogs that jump on me all the time and step on my phone. And then there are the times that I bump the phone into something accidentally.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
My g2 has been abused and used like. 50? hooker and still looks like new. I do need a new screen protector but there it.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

ANewPlay256

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Well when I say durable I don't necessarily mean drops. I'm talking about the bumps it takes in normal wear and tear. I have 2 dogs that jump on me all the time and step on my phone. And then there are the times that I bump the phone into something accidentally.

Get a case. The plastic around the edges is really soft.

Dendarion346

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have picked up a scratch on the screen in the week or so it took for the case to arrive. Since I'm generally very careful with my phones and certainly haven't dropped it, left in a pocket with keys, etc, I suspect that the scratch resistance may be an issue.

No problems since it's been in a wallet case.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine screen first on a hardwood floor and it survived but any phone can be damaged by drops that's why there is cases

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Which case do you have.

--
What is the lowest profile case that can still protect the phone? I really don't want to make it any larger than it is, and I love how slim bezel is on the sides, any case just totally destroys this beautiful front face, but looking at the drop test, side drop test immediately destroyed the screen, mostly due to the fact that bezel is very thin. I would definitely go for something like a bumper case, but since sides are not flat bumper won't really work well on this phone due to curvature of the battery.

I usually go for pouch like stuff but then again with that if you drop it taking out of the pouch etc still risky.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Got mine on release day, not case on it and have had no damage to it. This is everyday use, I can't think of any bad drops I have had with it.