how much battery life do you get on your G2 ?

drummaboi604

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my LG G2 on boxing day, turned it on and only had to charge it today -- 7 days later.

During that time I did some phone calls, texting, photos, videos. I disabled data unless I needed it, and set screen brightness to 35%.

Yes, that's145 hours and not a photoshop... simply amazing battery life on this phone!!!

Attached screenshot for reference. :)

2014-01-01-15-24-48.jpg

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Just curious today I noticed battery life was a bit weird and low for only 1 hour screen time. Ignore where it say 8 hours used 20%, 6 of those hours was when I was sleeping and was idle, in fact I lose nothing while I was sleeping, I woke up at 100%

But I am curious why I lost 20% for 1 hour screen time, is it because signal not very strong? All I did was web browse, facebook, and taptalk

2014-01-02-08-37-02.jpg2014-01-02-08-37-33.jpg2014-01-02-08-37-54.jpg

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Just curious today I noticed battery life was a bit weird and low for only 1 hour screen time. Ignore where it say 8 hours used 20%, 6 of those hours was when I was sleeping and was idle, in fact I lose nothing while I was sleeping, I woke up at 100%

But I am curious why I lost 20% for 1 hour screen time, is it because signal not very strong? All I did was web browse, facebook, and taptalk
The answer lies in your signal strength. I'm actually surprised your phone did so well considering that your phone spent the vast majority of the time with a poor signal, and that really drains the battery

denarok

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
The answer lies in your signal strength. I'm actually surprised your phone did so well considering that your phone spent the vast majority of the time with a poor signal, and that really drains the battery

Yeah that makes sense I just got home from work, with playing with phone for another hour on train ride home and have 50% left, with 2.5 hours on screen time, and 18% phone radio.

I really cannot complain, since with my old nexus I would get home with 10% if I was lucky, most times had to charge it at work and if i forgot had a dead phone by the time I got off.

I just wanted to make sure this is normal

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So far i am simply amazed with the battery life of the LGG2

Last week i received a replacement HTC One so i gave my daughter my upgrade. She got the Lg G-Pad for Christmas so she decided on the G2. Her battery last at least 2x as long as my One but i'd guess even more. I love a lot about my One but i have to admit i'm a bit jealous of her G2

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that makes sense I just got home from work, with playing with phone for another hour on train ride home and have 50% left, with 2.5 hours on screen time, and 18% phone radio.

I really cannot complain, since with my old nexus I would get home with 10% if I was lucky, most times had to charge it at work and if i forgot had a dead phone by the time I got off.

I just wanted to make sure this is normal
Yeah because when the signal is poor or non existant your phone is constantly searching for a better one.
When you're in areas where you have little or no signal strength and you absolutely don't need to receive a call or message, switch to aeroplane mode. You'll save a ton of battery juice that way.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i rarely get over 24 hrs charge, and usually much less. part of this is due to my apps (i have facebook app installed, as well as a couple of others), games (i play on my phone 30-45 mins a day, maybe more), and signal strength (it is horrible during the day at work). still, as long as it lasts me a full day from sun up to sun down, i am happy. i may never get the absurd numbers that you all are getting here, but i'm also going to use my phone a lot more than 3 hrs over the course of 5 days :)

A7llaman

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
facsr6.jpg

2rfanok.jpg

david0072

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Look's like you can only use your G2 in 4 hours and above , my android mobile is same as this cause i can only use it for 4 to 5 hours in a day which is really annoying ,in Finland where i am working in a battery company at http://www.celltech.fi/ all of our battery are made in quality way cause all of our battery are made of lithium and polymer .

LAM09

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure how long the battery should last for, but it seems to be draining quickly to me.

How long should the battery generally last for if you have WI-FI on constantly?

shawnvb

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for a couple months now, and the battery life has been fairly good, but not what I expected after reading what you all said. I don't pay a whole lot of games, Clash of Clans is the only one (which I know kills it so I try to charge while I'm playing it) that I play regularly. I browse Twitter and the internet a lot, never have Wi-Fi on but those both seem to run my battery down a good amount even when I'm just reading. I just started using chrome instead of opera in hope that it helps a bit as well.

Anyways here are some screenshots, if anyone has any advice please share, I just don't know what to do.

4HoXKRt.jpg

AhMZKsr.jpg

vcMi7BV.jpg

And for some reason today, in the battery section of my settings, it showed Bluetooth used 75% of my battery. It's never done that and I haven't had Bluetooth on at all today so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Last edited:

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I still get amazing battery life. By the time I get home from work at 5:30pm (unplug phone at 7am) I'm usually at 80%++. I could go 2 days if need be, but out of habit, I plug it in at night.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
so i formatted my phone and my battery life is still nowhere near what people are posting here. i had about 20% battery left w/ 2.5 hrs screen time, and 21 hrs off charge (including 8 hrs while i was sleeping where i used very little battery).

basically the only thing i've been using the phone for is browsing the web using Chrome (since i've not yet reinstalled any other 3rd party apps). since it's not an app issue, can it be the brightness? i'm at 60%/automatic. what brightness do you guys run it to get such a good battery life?

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is highly dependent on cellular signal strength. If you're in a weak area, battery goes much faster than with strong signal.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

LAM09

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I was told it is good to charge your battery for an hour extra once it is supposedly charged, as it is only partially charged.

Also, my phone signal keeps varying. Does it really have such an affect on the battery life?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2