Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VideoEngineerAJS
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 16gb or not bother

Hi,
    I have a gd deal ona 16gb G2 but I'm worried that's not enough.
    Those of you with phones how much is taken up with pre-installed software and how much after you've downloaded your apps?
    I don't plan to d/l whole music library I'll use Spotify mostly maybe 2gb of extra on it, my pics will go to google drive or similar. Camera is more important than music.

So those of you out there your thoughts it'll cost me the equivalent of 120 extra for 32gb model or should I get HTC one which has 32gb and 20 cheaper than 16gb LG G2????????

Thanks for your help
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: LG G2 16gb or not bother

No one has an opinion,therfore I'm assuming the phone is not that good and you're all severely disappointed looking at other posts and problems with this phone

I have roughly 5GB free, after 4B has been used on music & 1GB on apps (all other data storage is tiny in comparison).
    Thanked by:
    xr6

Big is always better.

As a reference I have the 32 the operation system and bloat bring it down to about 24 gig. So unless you root I assume you will lose 6 gig also so that leaves you about 10 gig. hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Daren Ridgway1 View Post
    Hi,
    Those of you with phones how much is taken up with pre-installed software and how much after you've downloaded your apps?
    I don't plan to d/l whole music library I'll use Spotify mostly maybe 2gb of extra on it, my pics will go to google drive or similar. Camera is more important than music.

So those of you out there your thoughts it'll cost me the equivalent of 120 extra for 32gb model or should I get HTC one which has 32gb and 20 cheaper than 16gb LG G2????????

Thanks for your help
    xr6

by the way phone is fricken awesome. battery life is great screen is great. back button you love then or hate them , but i wish that verizon left buttons in tact.
    camera is good to but I have some complaint about focus issues( it does that a bit of time to focus it is annoying ) Low light levels are good. I read thats where htc fails in( not that I own one).

What drew me to phone was the huge screen small bezel and top notch specs. not that I will knock htc ( cannot go wrong either way).

just my 2 cents

But seriously battery life is phenomenal.

I podcast 1 hour to work, surf at same time ( I get driven to work) stream pandora for like 2 3 hours , surf on my breaks , my kids plays her kiddie games, I go to bed at midnight, baby still have like plenty of juice left.

No one has an opinion,therfore I'm assuming the phone is not that good and you're all severely disappointed looking at other posts and problems with this phone
    No it's the exact opposite. There is no reason to be on the forums for hours a day if you have no issues with the phone. I try to come on to help people out, but if nobody is posting questions or issues, there is no reason to be on here. Everyone is loving their phone and has no reason to ask for help.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Jgren likes this.

i usually don't need 32Gbs (I've survive with 8gbs with 5 gbs free) but that was the only one storage option T mobile had..All I can say is that I don't regret it.. I use the Camera alot for pictures and videos and they take up quite a lot of space and I'm happy that I'm not worrying about storage. Right now I am at 8Gb's used... I would go for the 32 Gbs no doubt. It has roughly 24 GBs Free after all the software.
    I've never owned the HTC one so I cant say anything about it (except I've heard the boom sounds before and it is amazing) but the G2 is the best phone imo. The screen is 5'2 inch screen is great especially with the incredibly thin bezel. Its fast, havent seen any lag at all and the battery life is amazingg

I think if you take advantage of all the cloud storage available for free you can do just fine with 16GB. Just to check it out use google and see how many songs you can store free and then stream to your phone. I use a program called Send to Kindle and store all my PDF manuals there and can load them on and take them of my phone at will. There's a ton of free storage if you look for it. Now the down side is if you travel outside of your carriers range or you don't have much data on your plan. I have 6GB and never run over that but I don't stream movies on the other hand I use Pandora streaming a lot and it doesn't use much data.. I had to switch to Verizon because ATT has no coverage in the area I am building a house. Cloud service is certainly limited if your carrier has no coverage where you are....you have to plan ahead and download just what you want to your phone.

Hi,

Thanks for your help
    Don't forget no Google drive upload if out of service area which you could be if on vacation. If I found myself in this situation I would use a OTG cable and a large thumb drive or SD card with reader to transfer photos or any content to or from my phone. My G2 is rooted but I do not no if it has to be to use the OTG cable. If its a real good deal I would grab the 16GB G2.