Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sagyb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Optimization & Customization

So after being on the other side of the fence for the last few years I decided it's time to switch to Android. I've been following this forum for a few weeks now and am looking forward to getting my G2 (AT&T) next week.

Since I'm new to Android, I wanted to ask for customization and optimization suggestions for the G2 (both specific and for android in general).
    Euan Tan likes this.

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Optimization & Customization

Welcome to Android Central!

There's all kinds of things you can do to customize your phone but one of the popular things to do is install a different launcher and disable any bloat/undesired software you might have on it.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
    sagyb 

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock LG G2 / CM10 G-Nex

Quote Originally Posted by sagyb View Post
    So after being on the other side of the fence for the last few years I decided it's time to switch to Android. I've been following this forum for a few weeks now and am looking forward to getting my G2 (AT&T) next week.

Since I'm new to Android, I wanted to ask for customization and optimization suggestions for the G2 (both specific and for android in general).
    Do you have anything specific in mind?
    ~>2BMEISIMPOSSIBLE<~
    ~>2BURSELFISINEVITABLE<~

Quote Originally Posted by sagyb View Post

Really depends on your taste... If you find the G2's UI to be too much for you, then thanks to Android you can throw in a new launcher (such as nova, apex, etc) with ease. Then if the keyboard is ugly to you (like it was for me) throw in a new keyboard (in my case, the Google Keyboard) Or change the Icons... What I also like is the opening animation for the G2 when you swipe to unlock. and the Fade off Effect... Just play around with your G2's settings, there's some good customization built in