How to get knock on to work 100%

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I usually can get knock on to work about 90% of the time, but that other 10% would be really frustrating and I would have to try like 3 or 4 times before it worked.

However I think I finally figured it out. I've been testing it for a few days to make sure it actually worked 100 percent of the time. Double tap at the bottom of the screen right above the LG logo (where the home button would be if you have the three button layout). It has worked for me every single time since I started using this location.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Omg thank you very much for the tip, it works perfectly even if I tap it slow or fast, doesn't matter, thx man!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I will try this and get back to you in a couple of days :)

Update: Used it for 8 hours.. success rate 99% (There was a time where I was hitting the little space in between the LG logo and the Screen because I have the black version and I cant really tell in low light lol... shouldnt be a problem for white phones)

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I usually can get knock on to work about 90% of the time, but that other 10% would be really frustrating and I would have to try like 3 or 4 times before it worked.

However I think I finally figured it out. I've been testing it for a few days to make sure it actually worked 100 percent of the time. Double tap at the bottom of the screen right above the LG logo (where the home button would be if you have the three button layout). It has worked for me every single time since I started using this location.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Nice. Thanked.

I had moments where I got frustrated and used the power button.

Jeffk23

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm skeptical, but will give it a shot. Will report back in a day or so with results. Thanks in advance, if it works.... Lol

Posted via Android Central App

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
how have you tried recalibrating the sensors in the setting menu. I read in the manaul somewhere that if it loses sensitivity to calibrate it

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
For me no problem. ..knock on is pretty good,,...but your opinion is allso good

Posted via Android Central App

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This "tip" isn't working for me. For me tapping in the normal spot on the phone (middle area) works pretty much all the time. Any time I tried the "LG logo" way, it never opened/closed.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This "tip" isn't working for me. For me tapping in the normal spot on the phone (middle area) works pretty much all the time. Any time I tried the "LG logo" way, it never opened/closed.

Hmm, I don't know, maybe try what the quoted post below suggests because I have recalibrated my phone a few times just because. Whenever I knock on the phone this way, I'm usually holding the phone with one hand and I just use my thumb. Once I figured out it worked for me it made using the phone one handed so much easier.

how have you tried recalibrating the sensors in the setting menu. I read in the manaul somewhere that if it loses sensitivity to calibrate it

Yes, I've recalibrated a few times. This may be the reason I've been able to find this sweet spot, but even if that's not the reason and others haven't recalibrated, I hope it makes using the phone easier for people.

Dendarion346

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
In my experience so far, double knocking the centre of the screen is the last reliable way.

Tapping near the top seems more reliable, but tapping at the bottom as suggested by the OP is best of all.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been using that spot for a while now but every once in a while my phone seems to fall into deep sleep and I have to hit the actual button or tap at least 8-10 times to wake up the phone. Never have any trouble tapping to sleep the phone though.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So what's the trick? I've been tapping all around the LG logo to no avail. No on or off happens. All tapping in that area does is cause my finger to accidentally hit one of the shortcut "buttons" located above said logo.

Tapping the top notification bar is much easier as is tapping center of screen..at least on my phone.

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
So what's the trick? I've been tapping all around the LG logo to no avail. No on or off happens. All tapping in that area does is cause my finger to accidentally hit one of the shortcut "buttons" located above said logo.

Tapping the top notification bar is much easier as is tapping center of screen..at least on my phone.

He means that you tap in that area when it's locked