Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By lakaw
  • 1 Post By VW Maverick
  • 1 Post By tx_tuff
  • 1 Post By Smoke
  • 1 Post By tx_tuff
  • 1 Post By Adrian Rangel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally naked, well no case.

The only thing that has keep me from going naked with me G2 is how slippery or is. I tried buying Ghost Armor for my GNex when I first got it and it seemed to make it even more slippery, so I knew I wasn't getting thakHz t.

Actually thought about using skateboard grip but was worried it would be to rough and hard to get off if I ever wanted too.

So found this Grip Tape for your Glock - Pistol Grip Tape. * Use on handguns, rifles, shotguns, cell phones, cameras, knives, the list is endless! * Not gritty like sandpaper or skateboard tape. * Does not scuff clothing, holsters, furniture or car seats like thos it's called Glock Tape and is mainly used for grip tape on a gun. But says it can be used on phones. Found a review somebody used on a phone and they said it worked great. Read other reviews and it comes off without any issues.

It can be used pretty much on anything, you cut it out yourself and it's not hard to do. It is grippy without being rough, so far I really like it.

Pictures taken with my GNex.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally naked, well no case.-uploadfromtaptalk1383500418175.jpg   Finally naked, well no case.-uploadfromtaptalk1383500432182.jpg  

Global Posts
    5,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Finally naked, well no case.

You pig!
    jk

I've never seen a phone with that material, looks cool!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Looks awesome and really unique! However, I would still put a case because a $600 Phone Vs a drop, I aint risking it.

Global Posts
    5,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tan View Post
    Looks awesome and really unique! However, I would still put a case because a $600 Phone Vs a drop, I aint risking it.
    Just be careful and take care of it. :thumbup:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

That looks absolutely HORRIBLE!! Glad it works for you though...
    karmamule likes this.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

Looks like been microwaved
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I like the look but really that wasn't what I was worried about. I just wanted something to keep it from being slippery and this works great. Besides I tend to look at the screen of my phone much more than I do the back.
    Thanked by:
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    5,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    I like the look but really that wasn't what I was worried about. I just wanted something to keep it from being slippery and this works great. Besides I tend to look at the screen of my phone much more than I do the back.
    As long as you like it, it doesn't matter what others think about it. :thumbup:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Ive got that on a few of my firearms. Great product. Nice cutting job too, BTW.
    STARGATE likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Yeah I like it even better than I thought I would. Thinking of what I can use it on next. Right now I carry a Kimber 1911 so really no use for it on that.

STARGATE likes this.

Looks awesome! Might have to give it a shot!

Posted via Android Central App
    STARGATE likes this.

Global Posts
    5,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I agree! :thumbup:

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

I'd love to use all my phones naked if it were just that simple. However, as we all know, as these phones get more and more powerful, the build quality continues to be an issue.

I baby my phones and almost never drop them. Every drop has usually been to a faulty belt clip. With my LG G2, I love the way it looks, but I know that it's plastic. There's no way it will survive a decent drop on the streets of NYC. So I've been switching cases. Last week, I decided to use the official flip case from LG, and while jogging to the bus, the phone flew out of my belt clip and popped right out of the flip case.

My heart literally skipped a beat. I knew my phone was ruined. So I picked it up and noticed on only sustained a minor nick in the bottom right corner. No scratches, cracks, or any other damage. It was still enough to drive me insane. The flip cover is the problem, because it offers no drop protection and leaves the bottom and top of the phone exposed.

Now I use a cruzerlite case that's very thin and offers better protection without hiding the beauty of the phone. Just some food for thought.

Global Posts
    5,333 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptionDee View Post
    I'd love to use all my phones naked if it were just that simple. However, as we all know, as these phones get more and more powerful, the build quality continues to be an issue.

I baby my phones and almost never drop them. Every drop has usually been to a faulty belt clip. With my LG G2, I love the way it looks, but I know that it's plastic. There's no way it will survive a decent drop on the streets of NYC. So I've been switching cases. Last week, I decided to use the official flip case from LG, and while jogging to the bus, the phone flew out of my belt clip and popped right out of the flip case.

My heart literally skipped a beat. I knew my phone was ruined. So I picked it up and noticed on only sustained a minor nick in the bottom right corner. No scratches, cracks, or any other damage. It was still enough to drive me insane. The flip cover is the problem, because it offers no drop protection and leaves the bottom and top of the phone exposed.

Now I use a cruzerlite case that's very thin and offers better protection without hiding the beauty of the phone. Just some food for thought.

I understand your feelings, I use the S-View cover for my Galaxy S4 on the weekends.
    During the work week I use a heavy duty case. :thumbup:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

I don't like how slippery the G2 is either. I also think that looks pretty cool, so I'm considering trying that at well. Great idea!

If I try it and I don't like it, does the Glock tape come off fairly clean, or would it leave residue that's difficult or impossible to get off?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipperCDB View Post
    I don't like how slippery the G2 is either. I also think that looks pretty cool, so I'm considering trying that at well. Great idea!

If I try it and I don't like it, does the Glock tape come off fairly clean, or would it leave residue that's difficult or impossible to get off?
    All the reviews say it comes off easy without leaving any residue. I haven't taken it off so I can't say for 100%.

Neat stuff looks like toad skin

Quote Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
    The only thing that has keep me from going naked with me G2 is how slippery or is. I tried buying Ghost Armor for my GNex when I first got it and it seemed to make it even more slippery, so I knew I wasn't getting thakHz t.

Actually thought about using skateboard grip but was worried it would be to rough and hard to get off if I ever wanted too.

So found this Grip Tape for your Glock - Pistol Grip Tape. * Use on handguns, rifles, shotguns, cell phones, cameras, knives, the list is endless! * Not gritty like sandpaper or skateboard tape. * Does not scuff clothing, holsters, furniture or car seats like thos it's called Glock Tape and is mainly used for grip tape on a gun. But says it can be used on phones. Found a review somebody used on a phone and they said it worked great. Read other reviews and it comes off without any issues.

It can be used pretty much on anything, you cut it out yourself and it's not hard to do. It is grippy without being rough, so far I really like it.

Pictures taken with my GNex.