Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera issues...

I'm loving my g2, but having moved from an iPhone 5 I'm really not liking the camera and miss my iPhones camera...

I find it surprisingly bad considering this is one of the features they advertise the most. It is slow to focus and whenever I take pictures of people they come out terrible. Way over processed and blurry no matter what the situation...
    I always have to use the burst shot feature which takes several photos and then go through them to find the one that came out the best...

On the contrary, taking videos with this thing is amazing. They come out phenomenal.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems with the camera and if there is a way to fix this... I love everything else about the phone but I take a lot of pictures with friends and family and I can't justify keeping it if they keep coming out so terrible.

Default Re: Camera issues...

Really? I find the exact opposite. Videos while looking good are prone to breathing issues. I have had no issues with the stock camera. I always press and hold the camera button when i shoot photo's. First thing i thought was very nice camera. Night shots are another story.

I have the G2 and My gf has the Iphone 5...and she tells me that she loves the camera on my G2.. it comes out better than her Iphone 5. However, it does take a few seconds more to focus but other than that I've been taking great pictures! The video is pretty amazing but i don't like it when it zooms the quality is extremely terrible compared to the Iphone 5's zoom.. maybe its my settings..idk

Only issue i have is low light shots. Other than that its better than any other phone i had

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    Only issue i have is low light shots. Other than that its better than any other phone i had

Low light shots in AI mode are surprisingly good IMHO..yes it is pretty slow to take the picture this way but if you have a fairly steady hand the results are quite good. Overall though the focusing on this phone needs some enhancements..hopefully through software..the DNA I now gave to my wife is way faster even in low light and still produces pretty impressive shots of its own.

Posted via Android Central App
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2

Hopefully an update will fix it

my camera also very bad.most of my pictures are blurry.iphone 4(not iphone 5, old iphone 4)is almost better than my lg g2
    see what i want to say
    Camera issues...-cam00097.jpg

Phone cameras aren't as good as stand alone cameras...if the object moves then the photo becomes blurry; the G2 has the OIS but if the object moves a little it loses focus

HmmmCamera issues...-koko.jpg
    Indoors you can clearly see the carpet in her eye sun beaming on her face eye booger lol
    Camera issues...-aphids.jpg
    Aphids on my jacket in my car so lighting not the best still came out nice imo.

As for people I have plenty of good shots but don't want to randomly post family members/friends pics on any site without asking. The only time they come out over processed or blurry is in low light/bad lighting when they are moving.

Holding the shoot button and releasing can help focus.
    Last edited by LegacyEvoAce; 12-06-2013 at 02:51 AM.

I feel for you. Taking pics of my kids is the one thing I do most with my cameraphone. And it's the one thing that's holding me back from getting this phone (I currently have a note 2 and I'm not convinced the G2 would be better at taking pics of my kids)
    That scene would be a challenge for all cameraphones though, but it looks like the G2 could have sacrificed a bit more light in order to get a higher shutter speed. Is there any other mode that would have helped this scene?

i didnt like the g2's camera pictures are not clear.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

I tried every possible mods but most of the time my pictures are not clear

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera issues...-1386326166801.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by captibrahim View Post

Woah, that's completely out of focus. Are you not able to see when you're taking the picture on the viewfinder that it's out of focus? In that case, can you not just tap the screen on the bit you want to focus on?
    Last edited by lutin; 12-06-2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: included quote

5 of 10 pictures are like this on my camera.i tried every configuration

If 5 out of 10 of your pics are like the one above then there has to be something wrong with your camera.

Sorry for my bad english yes 5 out of 10 pics are like the one above.i will wait for android 4.4 update.than decide i will decide what to do

That's not normal. 90% of my shots turn out great. The only time they don't is when the lighting sucks. Either you are doing something wrong or your camera is defective, in which case I would warranty it.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel

Here is a random shot in crappy lighting. It's in focus.

LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel

is it only me having proplem with camera?

is it only me having proplem with camera?
    I have to throw out around 25% of my images, because they've failed to focus or been over aggressive with the noise reduction. It happens seemingly at random (well, there's no pattern I can discern, anyway).

However, the remaining 75% come out very well.

Based on my own entirely unscientific testing against other people's iPhones, I'd say that the G2's photos were clearly better than those of the iPhone 5 and below, but it's more complicated when it comes to the 5s. The best pictures taken by the G2 are probably better than the best ones taken by the 5s, but the average 5s picture is arguably better than the average G2 one.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    ― Winston Churchill
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dendarion346 View Post
    I have to throw out around 25% of my images, because they've failed to focus or been over aggressive with the noise reduction. It happens seemingly at random (well, there's no pattern I can discern, anyway).

However, the remaining 75% come out very well.

Based on my own entirely unscientific testing against other people's iPhones, I'd say that the G2's photos were clearly better than those of the iPhone 5 and below, but it's more complicated when it comes to the 5s. The best pictures taken by the G2 are probably better than the best ones taken by the 5s, but the average 5s picture is arguably better than the average G2 one.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    That's a good way of putting it. My previous phone was a 5s. Overall it killed this g2 in low light, and was the same or slightly better in good light. I took thousands of pictures while I had my 5s, and rarely had to toss one. The G2 takes excellent pics also, but sometimes they come out overprocessed.

LG G2
    XPosed Framework
    G2Xposed Mods
    Viper4Audio
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Furnace Kernel

Really hoping that a new software release will address the motion blur issue. Very disappointing that my ancient Atrix 4g is better in this respect. LG I hope you are listening this is a significant issue, that really doesn't look good on you

Is it possible that the camera lens is dirty ?

Quote Originally Posted by mount.zed View Post
    Is it possible that the camera lens is dirty ?
    No.actually i cleaned the lens many times.it took very long times to focus.thats why my pictures are always blurry

that is a **** off. one more question do select a focus point?

No.actually i cleaned the lens many times.it took very long times to focus.thats why my pictures are always blurry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast