Poor Speaker Volume due to LG setup

socacola

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's just me, but man this phone has terrible speaker volume, I'm trying to get used to but it just flat out sucks. What's weird is when you go on Youtube the videos are loud. I know most of you will say to download a file that's loud, however I actually tested something out.

You can try this for yourself as well, I went to zedge and downloaded the Old Spice Wistle for my notifications, when you play the file from Zedge it's almost twice as loud as when you download it and apply it as a ringtone. This just tells me the way LG setup the OS, is to have whatever sound file you have regardless of how loud the file is will always default to a certain volume. I really have no idea why LG did this, the vibration on the phone is mediocre, but the volume limit they put on the files is just downright crap. I personally am missing a lot of my calls.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
This is something I've noticed with a few android phones. Sound from both the speaker and headphones is just too quiet, and it's definitely down to some software issue because ringtones and notifications are much louder than music or videos, and a root will actually fix the problem. I have no idea why android phones are like this. It's really annoying because I want to get rid of my iPod and just use one device, but 100% volume on my phone is like 60% on my iPod. I can't get used to how quiet it is.

Anyway here's how to fix it with a root if you wanna give it a shot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2482750

I haven't tried this btw.

Posted via Android Central App

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I shouldn't have to root. I can't hear crap on this phone when I want to show a coworker something on YouTube or play a song unless I'm in a sound proof room about 100 feet underground. that's not nice. wanna take advantage of the screen but we end up using someone's iPhone instead.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I shouldn't have to root. I can't hear crap on this phone when I want to show a coworker something on YouTube or play a song unless I'm in a sound proof room about 100 feet underground. that's not nice. wanna take advantage of the screen but we end up using someone's iPhone instead.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Really? Your volume is that low? That's odd. Have you taken it to the store and compared to the floor model?

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX