What is this small box doing during YouTube playback?

deuts

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Somebody please help me. I'm already starting to hate my LG G2 because of this. During YouTube playback, oftentimes I encounter this. A box with a kind of RSS icon appears at the center of the screen and the video actually dims.

Please see this screenshot:

1383868891608.jpg

1383868921462.jpg

Thanks for the response.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

ANewPlay256

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the Chromecast icon. Is it really showing up in the center like that, though?

It should be in the upper right corner, and only when NOT in full-screen mode. I have never seen it in the center.

deuts

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't even know what chromecast is. By the way, it's not in the settings because sometimes it is not there at all. But oftentimes is just an annoyance.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Turn your blue tooth off and disconnect from wifi to see if that helps. You may have a device connected to your phone or wifi network that's picked up as a share device like a smart TV. If this doesn't help as a first step call tech support.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

deuts

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! You've been helpful. I have this nagging feeling actually that it must be the bluetooth that's causing the issue to come out.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I found a fix for it you have to go to the android drawer, http://www.androiddrawer.com/
Search for YouTube and download the previous version of it
yju4u4a9.jpg

I'm no longer having an issue with my Bluetooth and YouTube.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

JTC3495

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My HTC one was doing this earlier in the week also. I rebooted the phone and the issue went away. It is not related only to the G2.

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I see the same box when using my Bluetooth headset. Never figured out how to remove it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

deuts

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if this is the problem with the YouTube app, how come Google is not doing something about it. This must have been for a while now but they're not updating the app?

byhoung

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not a G2 problem. I ran into this problem with my HTC One as well. Whenever I hook up my phone to bluetooth and switch the video to fullscreen, that icon with a screen overlay appears. Very annoying.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Somebody please help me. I'm already starting to hate my LG G2 because of this. During YouTube playback, oftentimes I encounter this. A box with a kind of RSS icon appears at the center of the screen and the video actually dims.
Thanks for the response.

It was a YouTube problem everyone. Google's recent YouTube update should have fixed it.

Edit: I know this app is 7 days old as of this response. I thought it was worth bumping though to help people acknowledge the issue should be resolved.
Posted From my Sprint Nexus S 4G

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20