LG G2: Slight Screen Discoloration

rjs5689

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed some slight screen discoloration on my LG G2. The discoloration is about half way down on the left side of the screen. It's a very slight yellow crescent shape of discoloration. It looks similar to the discoloration my iPhone 4 experienced. Has anyone seen this issue with the G2 screens?

I contacted Verizon and they are overnighting me a warranty replacement. They also reached out to LG, who claimed this is not a known issue with the device. I just wanted to make you guys aware, as well as see if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not too familiar with LCD technology, what could be causing this discoloration?

Below are the pictures of the yellowing screen. It is VERY minor, however, I can still see it an it is bothersome to me. I figured I should have it replaced considering it's no charge to me and I don't want it spread... if that's even possible?

Edit: I'm starting to question whether or not I want to accept the most likely refurbished phone Verizon is sending me. It seems the yellow has faded slightly, although it becomes more present when the screen is on for longer periods of time. I guess I just have an irrational fear of getting refurbished electronics, like there's going to be something wrong with it or it'll develop problems down the line. I guess I should just take the refurbished phone and call it good enough, this way I don't keep looking for the yellow discoloration every time I use my phone... yea, I'm that neurotic about perfection.

Last edited by a moderator:

fatdogfriday

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Slight Screen Discoloration

My LG G2 has the same discoloration or burned looking problem on the opposite side. At first is start about the same size as yours but now has gotten twice as big. I haven't talked with anyone at ATT yet but plan on it shortly.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Slight Screen Discoloration

Not sure what's causing your issue. This type of discoloration can be caused by excessive pressure in specific locations. This pressure could have occurred before it ever reached your hands

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

memphisripley

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just notice the same discoloration on mine but on the right side. Really annoying, is there any fix to this or is a replacement the only option?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12