Disable Unread Count

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey All,

Is there a way to disable the email apps unread count? I use this app for work email and seeing the count makes it hard to de-stress when the count is always there.

Sent from my LG G2

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I swear I'll only bump this once. I've Googled until my fingers bleed and my children had to be sold for funds due to my data overage. The selfish bump is my last resort.

Sent from my LG G2

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
If you mark them as all read, not only does the unread count go away, so do the associated emails! Viola!
Two birds kinda thing.
:p Sorry, couldn't resist!

-g-

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I just buried the icon a few screens away in a corner I rarely look at. Lame solution but it works.

Sent from my LG G2

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
You're referring to the unread "flag" on the Messaging and email apps, correct? What's the consensus on this? Can you toggle that on and off? I personally don't like the unread flag on the app - it's annoying and it reminds me of my iPhone .. and I don't want that.

Would Iike to know if this can be disabled as I'm considering buying the LG G2.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Hurleybird79

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue. Eventually managed to sort it because I have Buzz Launcher. I found a setting under Buzz Settings > Advanced > Badges. This let me disable the badge per app, quite handy.

I would guess other Launcher apps would allow you to do the same.

mikeymike123

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I also can't stand the fact that I can't turn off the unread count when I'm trying to relax at home. I created a filter to mark all incoming emails as "read" and to star them. That way I still know which emails are new but it doesn't show up on the gmail android app unread count. If I read it and leave it in my inbox, I just un-star it.

To create this filter, type "label:inbox" in the search bar. Then click drop down arrow and filter from those results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed