Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you reccomend the G2 over the S4?

I'm a former S4 guy who's cnsidering going back to it but I'm intreagued by the G2. Anyone a fomer S4 owner who is loving their G2 a lot more than their S4? I've never had and LG phone so I'm just not as comfortable as I am with Samsung. I hear a lot of negatives about the software in reviews but I'm hoping you guys can say otherwise.

Default Re: Do you reccomend the G2 over the S4?

It's pretty much hardware over software, although the difference is minimal, I'd go with the S4 just because it feals nicer in the hand

Quote Originally Posted by rockitdog23 View Post
    I'm a former S4 guy who's cnsidering going back to it but I'm intreagued by the G2. Anyone a fomer S4 owner who is loving their G2 a lot more than their S4? I've never had and LG phone so I'm just not as comfortable as I am with Samsung. I hear a lot of negatives about the software in reviews but I'm hoping you guys can say otherwise.
    I don't know why so many people talk about the software as it's the most horrible ever. I think LG did a phenominal job with optimizing the software. It is the most unobtrusive software that I've ever experienced. The phone has absolutely never even stuttered a single solitary time for me. No lag, no skips, no stutters, the phone just flies. The same cannot be said for Samsung phones.

sorry if it wasn't clear but I do like the LG's software more, it's the hardware I like better from Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by adambold123 View Post
    sorry if it wasn't clear but I do like the LG's software more, it's the hardware I like better from Samsung
    I meant the reviewers. I wasn't talking about you.

I came from S3 to G2. The whole LG interface is very similar to Samsung.

I haven't had the S4, but I have a couple of friends that have them. They are jealous and wish that they had gotten the G2 instead.

My experience has also been that I have never seen even the slightest stutter. Project Butter definitely working on this phone. I do not regret my choice at all. Heck it was even a lot cheaper than the S4!

Putting on a poetic palette or incipio feather case gives the G2 a more premium feel. Most of the negativity has been put out there by overly obsessive reviewers. Take it with a grain of salt. I have friends with the S4 and it is a nice device but the fact that the G2 exists means the S4 doesn't merit consideration any longer. I think most people who like the S4 would LOVE the G2.

G2 over the S4 every day of the week, a screen you can see in daylight and a better battery are just 2 of the reasons
    luqman24 and Haalcyon like this.

G2 all day long.

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts

The biggest thing about the S4 for me is the issues I had with my S3 - the infamous Samsung cell/data radios/antennas giving poor reception. I have never had so many issues on Verizon with dropped calls or poor reception (especially at my home which is in a marginal service area). I even had problems with Bluetooth skipping if the phone was moving in my hand. With the G2, all of the issues went away as reception is excellent, data speeds are 25-50% better, bluetooth with the same headsets (Moto SF600 and a Plantronics Marque M155) and it has a beautiful screen, the S800 screams and it has the best battery life of any phone not named Note or Maxx (may even be better than the Maxx in some cases). I did put an Incipio Feather case on it because the back is so slick and that totally changed the inhand feel of the phone. The only downside is its a little large for my tastes (can one hand some things) - I could care less about LG skin as an alternative launcher gets rid of most of the issues or complaints and you learn how LG puts things it's not really a factor long term. Love the choice of on screen buttons as I chose the one with Menu, Home, Back and Notification pull down. The G2 is so fast that long pressing the home button is as fast as the multi tasking key on my Nexus 7 (2013). Love the phone.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Both phones are great. I prefer the screen on the G2 and I'm not a fan of the physical buttons on the Samsung Phones.

I also use Action Launcher rather than the stock launcher on my devices, so I don't really care whether it's Sense, TouchWiz, or whatever the LG UI is named.

Posted via Android Central App

Radios are superior in the LG, screen is better unless you prefer saturated amlod displays, better CPU and like stated much smoother then touchwiz,the only thing the S4 has over the G2 is removable battery and SD card slot

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

My friend has the S4 and when he saw my new LG G2 he was jealous and wished he waited a couple more months and gotten it! The software is optimized and the lag is very minimal or none at all. and I agree S4 only has a removable battery and SD card slot but with the G2's Battery it can last you the day with enough left over to play with till you sleep.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyee View Post
    agree...

With Dieter at CES reporting on the Palm presentation--what a traitor! --we might as well throw that into the Round Robin discussion.
    I think the S4 looks better. That earpiece on the LG is hideous. The buttons on the back are kind of a miss. LG UI, bleh.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

S4 was my first Android phone. I loved it at first, but came to hate (1) the screen was invisible in bright light, (2) the mechanical home button, (3) the side buttons were always getting accidentally pressed. G2 is heaven.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    mostlywords likes this.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

The wife has a S4 and I set everything up for her. Plus I was able to use it for several months. Then I bought a G2 for myself. G2>S4

I don't have s4...but I was a user of note2.....now with g2...user interface of lg is really better than Samsung. ..no lags...no freezing. .problems with games...with note 2, I had many problems often it freez. It use to restart often....I dint like touchwiz ...once I love to use Samsung mobile.I had both note1 and 2...with 3 years of experience. ..I know about touchwiz. ..it all ways freezes...

this is purely preference question...I'd go in a shop and check them out in hand

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by jeno27 View Post
    I don't have s4...but I was a user of note2.....now with g2...user interface of lg is really better than Samsung. ..no lags...no freezing. .problems with games...with note 2, I had many problems often it freez. It use to restart often....I dint like touchwiz ...once I love to use Samsung mobile.I had both note1 and 2...with 3 years of experience. ..I know about touchwiz. ..it all ways freezes...

I had the Fascinate and the Charge, and my wife has the S3, and we use the S4 in my office. I wouldn't call each of those experiences the same. Samsung continues to make improvements, so I wouldn't weight old device experience as heavily as form factor, screen preferences, and reviews of the current TouchWiz experience.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by megakony View Post
    this is purely preference question...I'd go in a shop and check them out in hand
    I've been guilty of saying this same thing before. But I think that doesn't give our forum members the credit they deserve. Opinions of those in a similar condition, in this example an S4 user asking about others who have moved from the S4 to the G2, has great value. Someone with similar experiences can provide insight to what I might believe. I can't get that from an hour fondling a device in the store, the time period is much too short too determine whether the love affair will turn into a marriage. The opposite is also true, I might be initially put off, but the whole package may be attractive once you get to know the device.

mostlywords likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    That earpiece on the LG is hideous.
    Quote Originally Posted by recoveringlefty View Post
    Most of the negativity has been put out there by overly obsessive reviewers.
    Case in point. Several online reviews contain similar, highly personalized, subjective hyperbole.
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 
    Johnly likes this.

Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Doesn't change that hideous (objective observation) ear piece though. He he.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Master of Time and Space

Mav.

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.
    We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well they're no friends of mine.

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I prefer the G2 to my old S4. The S4 was a nice phone but the G2 is nicer, faster, has a better screen, and better battery life. LGui is preferable, to me, over the S4's TouchBiz (hehe). Did I mention the G2 is faster and has a better screen and better battery life? Surveys show that attractive brainy women prefer a man who carries a G2. No really.

G Pad 8.3
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast