What do u hate most about the G2

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I love the soft buttons too. The mechanical home and dedicated capacitive buttons on my prior Galaxy S4 were among its most hated features for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice to have the option to hide the buttons or at least make them transparent when internet browsing and watching videos, as they do take up quite a big portion of the screen, as its the only thing about the phone i do find annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

betty_boop245

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes with movies they disappear, on apps like Youtube they dont. It would just be nice to have the option of hiding them. Maybe in a future update? Otherwise though, im loving my new G2

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What is it that I cannot get over on my G2? No matter how I try I cannot seem to find love for the fact that Asurion sent me a [SUB]w[/SUB]hite G2 as a replacement for my Black one. I just can't seem to love it like it I did my black one. Putting a case on it is not really helping. Other than that its just a stellar stellar phone. Runs CM 10.2 with aplomb.

Matthewbim11

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I can't figure out how to make Skype actually pay attention to what messages I have read and have not read. I have my phone and my comptuer infront of me most of the time so I don't need two notifications :X.

gaultierfnd2007

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is super lame but the lack of properly interesting phone cases bothers me. At one point I actually considered trading in my g2 for a phone with more mainstream accessory support and then I realised how stupid that was.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is super lame but the lack of properly interesting phone cases bothers me. At one point I actually considered trading in my g2 for a phone with more mainstream accessory support and then I realised how stupid that was.

That's not lame at all. It is one of the real issues with the G2.

g2

recoveringlefty

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes with movies they disappear, on apps like Youtube they dont. It would just be nice to have the option of hiding them. Maybe in a future update? Otherwise though, im loving my new G2

I thought I read that among Kit-Kat features, there was the ability to hide on screen buttons. Hopefully, this applies to the G2 and that we get the update soon.
Incipio, among others, has some great case solutions for this phone.

Rogue360

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
what's auto awesome? I don't need someone playing with my phone and seeing this beautiful creature in private poses. lol

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Get yourself "Hide Pictures - Hide It Pro". Free app that lets you hide pictures/videos out of your gallery. It disguises itself as an Audio Manager on your phone (Great if you want to hide things FROM your wife!) and is password protected.

Ninjaxxx

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't really hate anything about the G2, but they could have made the notification pull down area less cluttered (don't need Qslide in there). And the LG skin kind of looks like Samsung's Touchwiz, which I don't care for. Other than that, I think it's a great phone.

You can disable the QSlide.

Rogue360

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The fact you can't delete more than one image at a time from your gallery is annoying.

//edit: nm...eventually found out how.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
What do u mean? U select say camera folder open it select trash can mark which ones you deleted then hit trash can they be gone. You can also long press a folder and it will give option to delete it all.
The fact you can't delete more than one image at a time from your gallery is annoying.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Sincs

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I hate turning the screen off/ending a call when trying to turn the volume up/down and I hate turning the volume up/down when trying to turn the screen off/end a call.

I've almost been totally reduced to 'hit and hope' presses... i.e. rather than aiming for the specific rear button I want to press, I instead press all three rear buttons together at once as it usually gives me a higher chance of what I want to happen actually happening.

Basically, I hate requiring the precision of a surgeon to achieve hitting the correct rear button when not looking.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I hate turning the screen off/ending a call when trying to turn the volume up/down and I hate turning the volume up/down when trying to turn the screen off/end a call.

I've almost been totally reduced to 'hit and hope' presses... i.e. rather than aiming for the specific rear button I want to press, I instead press all three rear buttons together at once as it usually gives me a higher chance of what I want to happen actually happening.

Basically, I hate requiring the precision of a surgeon to achieve hitting the correct rear button when not looking.

I don't have this problem with the AT&T version. Are you using the Verizon G2?

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

daralu

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, sorry if my english isnt so correct, but i really need an answer. Does anyone have the problem with messaging? There are some msgs that i cant find them. Actually, i get pop-up with one or 2 new texts, then i touch it on that little window (pop-up, upper left corner), it opens the whole conversation i have with that person, but there isnt the last message!!! Sometimes i can find it somewhere inside that conversation, but with different date. For example, i got today sms from my operator with missed calls, and there said the date was 2nd january this year, but missed calls from today. Does anyone have a clue what it could be about?
One more thing, sometimes after i finish a call, there pops up a MEDIA BAR VOLUME, just show off and dissapear after a while. Of course, i dont push the button for volume up/down. Could all these issues be because of my android 4.2.2 (software version D80210c-HKG-XX)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463