What do u hate most about the G2

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Back buttons have become one of my favorite features, that and the knock on and off, wish my Nexus 7 had those things.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree.
Totally agree.
I find myself trying to knock on other phones, such convenience not having to pick up the phone to check notifications, I just wish lock screen had better modifications. Why is it that only limited widgets show up on lock screen? Why random ones? How can we add certain other ones?

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I agree.
Totally agree.
I find myself trying to knock on other phones, such convenience not having to pick up the phone to check notifications, I just wish lock screen had better modifications. Why is it that only limited widgets show up on lock screen? Why random ones? How can we add certain other ones?

In case you don't already know:
Settings>Lock screen>Shortcuts

I believe all of the apps are available (no widgets) or you can delete them and have none. Another option is using a different home launcher with more lock screen options.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
In case you don't already know:
Settings>Lock screen>Shortcuts

I believe all of the apps are available (no widgets) or you can delete them and have none. Another option is using a different home launcher with more lock screen options.

Already know that, I am referring to widges, yep you can have widges (my turn to teach you)
On lock screen, instead of unlocking by swipe, just swipe from VERY edge of the screen to left or right. When you swipe right from the edge it shows you a screen where you can add widgets.
I added weather, news, clock, etc.. There are also some custom apps, but I don't see all the available widgets there. I wanted to add touchdown email list, but not available. Maybe because of security reasons? Who knows..

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Already know that, I am referring to widges, yep you can have widges (my turn to teach you)
On lock screen, instead of unlocking by swipe, just swipe from VERY edge of the screen to left or right. When you swipe right from the edge it shows you a screen where you can add widgets.
I added weather, news, clock, etc.. There are also some custom apps, but I don't see all the available widgets there. I wanted to add touchdown email list, but not available. Maybe because of security reasons? Who knows..

Yeah I didn't know that, that's similar to my Nexus 7 lock screen widget option. Mine doesn't have them all available either and I would assume as you because of security as it bypasses the initial screen lock input. Mine has the camera widget activated as default. One question, do you know of a way to instantly scroll to the top and / or bottom of a webpage without having to scroll (slower process) the entire screen? On the G2 or Nexus 7?

Posted via Android Central App

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
do you know of a way to instantly scroll to the top and / or bottom of a webpage without having to scroll (slower process) the entire screen? On the G2 or Nexus 7?

Two Finger scroll. Works as turbo scroll.
:cool:

Hey, I found one thing I HATE about LG G2. (I should say I hate Google for it) why did they remove Full Screen option with gesture menu in browser? Why does google feel we all have to use Chrome. Is there anyway to get back the cool touch navigation in browser that was in 4.1 ? (Slide from edge to reveal half circle touch pad?)

nexusae0_wm_IMG_1815_thumb.jpg

Here is another thing I hate:
SmartShare is removed.. Why would such a useful app be removed, especially when we cannot find it as standalone...?

Last edited:

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Two Finger scroll. Works as turbo scroll.
:cool:

Hey, I found one thing I HATE about LG G2. (I should say I hate Google for it) why did they remove Full Screen option with gesture menu in browser? Why does google feel we all have to use Chrome. Is there anyway to get back the cool touch navigation in browser that was in 4.1 ? (Slide from edge to reveal half circle touch pad?)

View attachment 93962

Here is another thing I hate:
SmartShare is removed.. Why would such a useful app be removed, especially when we cannot find it as standalone...?

Anyone??

Sent from my LG-D800

Stefanakii

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
This isn't really the fault of the phone itself (which is impressive) , but the biggest problem I've found with the G2 has been its niche status.

It's not made by Apple or Samsung, so accessories and service are hard to come by in the UK.

Very few cases available, no sign of a car adaptor and good luck getting it repaired if the screen breaks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Double that.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
What do I hate most? When I go back into my text messages (stock app) and it automatically displays the oldest instead of the newest conversation. This forces you to have to scroll through the entire thread to get to the latest message. Rather annoying. Outside of that I love everything else!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

deuts

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I hate it that this party headphones don't work for volume, next, and precious track buttons.

Also, I already run out of storage space. 32gb just won't cut it anymore. Wish it had an expandable storage space.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't hate anything about my G2. It runs CM 10.2 beautifully. I have a white G2 that was provided by Asurion to replace my lost black G2. If anything, I prefer the black but I still love my G2. I'm very impressed with what LG has released this year.

gp8.3

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
More fragile than the competition? Really? What makes you arrive at that conclusion?

g2 cm10.2

The lack of bezel, would be the best guess. I have seen the screen spider with a drop, but that can be said of almost every phone if dropped on its side or at the right angle.