What do u hate most about the G2

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought my main issue would be the slippery back, but that hasn't really been a problem after having the phone for 3 months. The main issue I have is that I frequently press home by accident when I 'm trying to press something else, such as putting the cursor in the text input line of a text message. My previous phone had softkeys too, but I didn't have that problem. Must have something to do with how the size of my hands aligns with the size of the phone.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Agree 100%...I keep getting kicked out mid text or email..otherwise phone is awesome after a month

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

kckman

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Unplug your charger when you're using an AUX cable connection. Experienced the same with My Sprint Galaxy S3.

Too lazy to reply on the proper thread, oh well. Looking to upgrade and considering a G2 and floated over for a looksee

kckman

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Unplug your charger when you're using an AUX cable connection. Experienced the same with My Sprint Galaxy S3.

Too lazy to reply on the proper thread, oh well. Looking to upgrade and considering a G2 and floated over for a looksee

OOPS.. was a reply to the cry for help about the buzzing sound in a car.. Not all that adept at forum posting at all

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got a g2 and it has to be one of the best phones ive owned. Great battery and smooth as butter. Will hold onto until the n6 comes in november.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Only had mine a week. It is one of the best phones I've had along with the Moto x. That said, there are a couple things that annoy me. The software in general is just hideous. I knew this going in but still...so bad. I am seriously considering flashing the g3 rom on this. The other thing that is annoying are the stupid animations when you plug in headphones or a charger. They render the phone useless for a couple seconds. Not that big of a deal but there really is no reason for those animations. I know when I have plugged in headphones or a charger. Other than those little things I am loving the phone.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Can't you disable the animations in the general=>developer settings?

As far as what I dislike, if I had to pick one thing, it would be not being to delete (or even disable, in some cases) much of the bloatware (while using stock rom). That said, I'd still buy it again...had it over 3 months now and love it! A close second would be exchanging its speaker for the HTC One's (but that would eliminate the thin bezels!).

Posted via Android Central App

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't been able to find an option to disable those particular animations in the developer settings but if anyone knows how to do it that would be awesome.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure those animations you're talking about are what's known as "Plug and Pop." You could easily root (I know not everyone is up for that) and there are mods you can flash or Xposed modules that you can use to get rid of them.
You can solve those in less than four minutes by:
1 Root with towelroot.
2 Download and install Xposed framework.
3 Download and install G2 tweaksbox.
4 Choose the module in tweaksbox to disable plug and pop.
5 Enjoy.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings => General => About phone => Software information => Build number and touch it 7+ times, then it will say you are a developer (or something like that). Then go back to Settings => General => Developer options (now it will be visible to you) and turn off the animation for Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale.

Note: not entirely sure this will address your specific issue, but try it...it may. But disabling these animation options is good to do anyway, for speed and battery purposes.

Antoni Co

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys, have you tried unlocking the phone using Knock On (double tapping the screen) while your lockscreen is set to Knock Code? This does not seem to work.

Antoni Co

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Just tap your knock code and it unlocks.

SQUIRREL!!!

What I mean is:
1. I have knock on turned on for unlocking the screen by double tapping it.
2. And I have the lock screen set to Knock Code.
3. I locked my phone using the power button behind it so it is now locked, all black, screen turned off.
4. But when I double tap on the screen it does not turn on. The LED does not even light up. I still have to use the power button behind the phone.

sorry if this sound confusing.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What I mean is:
1. I have knock on turned on for unlocking the screen by double tapping it.
2. And I have the lock screen set to Knock Code.
3. I locked my phone using the power button behind it so it is now locked, all black, screen turned off.
4. But when I double tap on the screen it does not turn on. The LED does not even light up. I still have to use the power button behind the phone.

sorry if this sound confusing.

Yup same here, knock code over writes knock on. It's one or the other not both. I don't miss knock on because I'd just unlock the phone right away, knock code removes one step for me. I love it this way.

SQUIRREL!!!

TiMMaY_77

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Got my family G2s for $50 a piece through Verizon - with warranty! In fact, we already had to replace two of our phones due to SIM card overheating. I thought for sure Verizon would charge me for new phones, but nope; came to us in a couple of days totally free! Awesome Customer Support through Verizon!
Anyway, besides the terrible SIM card issues, I have severe issues with the included IR blaster. Its super weak (at first, I thought it was a problem with my original phone, but both replacements are just as bad!) You have to somehow contort your body and the phone and be less than 10 feet away from the device to get it to work (sometimes). I have soft-shell cases on these phones with a convenient rubberized hole poked out for the IR blaster. Since I have very little knowledge about IR function, is it possible to increase the strength of this feature by somehow adding some kind of amplifier externally to the phone. I'm thinking some kind of small zoom lens or crystal embedded into a phone's external protective cover opening. This would ultimately be a part of the cover, and not attached to the phone, but since my phone always has the protective cover on it, then great! My goal is to make the IR's blaster larger or more powerful somehow. Just don't know what to use. Anybody got any ideas here?
Other than my SIM and IR gripes, its been a super phone that is also super powerful! Yes, this processor was top notch last year. I think the new S5 has a Snapdragon 801 processor in it with a speed increase, but the graphics processors are the same... Doesn't seem like a huge improvement in my opinion...

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Got my family G2s for $50 a piece through Verizon - with warranty! In fact, we already had to replace two of our phones due to SIM card overheating. I thought for sure Verizon would charge me for new phones, but nope; came to us in a couple of days totally free! Awesome Customer Support through Verizon!
Anyway, besides the terrible SIM card issues, I have severe issues with the included IR blaster. Its super weak (at first, I thought it was a problem with my original phone, but both replacements are just as bad!) You have to somehow contort your body and the phone and be less than 10 feet away from the device to get it to work (sometimes). I have soft-shell cases on these phones with a convenient rubberized hole poked out for the IR blaster. Since I have very little knowledge about IR function, is it possible to increase the strength of this feature by somehow adding some kind of amplifier externally to the phone. I'm thinking some kind of small zoom lens or crystal embedded into a phone's external protective cover opening. This would ultimately be a part of the cover, and not attached to the phone, but since my phone always has the protective cover on it, then great! My goal is to make the IR's blaster larger or more powerful somehow. Just don't know what to use. Anybody got any ideas here?
Other than my SIM and IR gripes, its been a super phone that is also super powerful! Yes, this processor was top notch last year. I think the new S5 has a Snapdragon 801 processor in it with a speed increase, but the graphics processors are the same... Doesn't seem like a huge improvement in my opinion...

For my IR blaster I found from across the room if I point it a few feet below the receiver it works rather well. I just though the light was misaligned in the case. Try that see if it helps.

SQUIRREL!!!

horangeh

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The G2 camera in that ROM is actually dabbeb's modded cam. It works, only forecloses when I try to turn on the Cheese Shutter. The G3 cam is fully automatic and not very intelligent in low light - pics too washed and smoothed out. Dabbeb's cam is slightly better but still the colors in low light are washed out. Galaxy s4 cam preserved more details and colors in such low light, when it wasn't blurry that is.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
There's a huge lag with Bluetooth audio in my car, I was using s4 before and did not have an issue. Also the music player sucks, and poweramp doesn't sound much better as far as quality. My previous S4 worked and sounded great in my 2014 altima. Battery life and os smoothness seems to be only perks so far

Posted via the Android Central App