Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exclamation Sudden battery drain?

So my battery has been draining pretty bad today and looks like Google services sync and something called sensor.qcom have been the reason for it. Can't adjust google sync to manually sync unless I turn it off completely. And as for sensor.qcom, I've never heard of it and dont know what it is or why it's causing the draining all of a sudden. Anyone know what it is and how to fix these issues? Thanks for your help in advance guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden battery drain?-screenshot_2013-11-19-14-59-22.jpg   Sudden battery drain?-screenshot_2013-11-19-15-06-17.jpg   Sudden battery drain?-screenshot_2013-11-19-15-06-36.jpg   Sudden battery drain?-screenshot_2013-11-19-15-06-45.jpg   Sudden battery drain?-screenshot_2013-11-19-15-07-04.jpg  

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: Sudden battery drain?

It's a rogue app. To fix it just reboot your phone. That usually clears it up. The sensor q is a app keeping that certain sensor active.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    It's a rogue app. To fix it just reboot your phone. That usually clears it up. The sensor q is a app keeping that certain sensor active.

Seems like the problem is gone now. Don't know why I couldn't thinking of that obvious simple fix lol.

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

I read a blog article about it yesterday, seems to be a problem with google services that seems to be resolved now. I experienced higher than normal battery useage also yesterday.

Here it is I think: It's Not Just You - Google Play Services Seems To Be A Battery Hog Today
    Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
    The Department of Redundancy Department
    LG Optimus G3 D-852 | Android 5.0.1 | Rogers Wireless

Still having the same problem today as yesterday.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden battery drain?-1385011036900.jpg   Sudden battery drain?-1385011045597.jpg   Sudden battery drain?-1385011053098.jpg  

Agreed. My G2 went from 95% when i went to sleep and i woke up it was around 65% and Google Services was the cause of it.... Rebooted and it was fixed.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    2,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I read a blog article about it yesterday, seems to be a problem with google services that seems to be resolved now. I experienced higher than normal battery useage also yesterday.

Here it is I think: It's Not Just You - Google Play Services Seems To Be A Battery Hog Today
    Rebooting your phone should fix it like others have mentioned. That fixed it for me as well.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Are u streaming to your tv? That'll cause kernel to run. Maybe playing games.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Are u streaming to your tv? That'll cause kernel to run. Maybe playing games.

hmm no i wasn't running any games or streaming to TV. what apps would normally stream to TV? (so i can uninstall them)

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
    I read a blog article about it yesterday, seems to be a problem with google services that seems to be resolved now.
    Not near as I can tell. Got to work this morning, left WiFi on (I've been keeping it off, at work, because of this flaw). My battery consumption rate doubled. Google (Play) Services was up to its new tricks: Using nearly half of the battery consumption. Turned off WiFi, rebooted the handset, and now it's back down.

According to this post, it's network-based location services that's causing the problem. (I'd turn that off, but then, annoyingly, I don't get current weather on my primary desktop widget.)

Google needs to get their act together. This is not acceptable behaviour.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Dlna seems to b running
    hmm no i wasn't running any games or streaming to TV. what apps would normally stream to TV? (so i can uninstall them)

Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Considering your on wifi a lot your numbers look good compared. I only average about 9 hours on charge. But as soon mine hits 25% I put on charge. Sudden battery drain?-uploadfromtaptalk1385175994864.jpg

Thanked by:

Default Re:Sudden battery drain?

It's probably one of your apps that require location access.
    I solved this problem on my phone by uninstalling the apps I downloaded, one by one to see which one was the culprit. For me, it was an app called "Geo Coupons." After uninstalling the app, turning my phone off and restarting, sensors.qcom was gone and no more battery drain.

Sorry for bump, I'm googling for some info on the sensors.qcom issue and found this thread.

Geo Coupons.was not the cause. Sensors.qcom didn't stop because you uninstalled it, it stopped because you restarted the phone resetting the faulty sensors (qcom = qualcomm). I bet you have encountered this problem since?

.Whenever this bug happens, all sensors become non functional (you can check this in cpu-z) and cpu is under stress causing terrible battery drain.

Sensors.qcom is not a rogue app. It's a service and high usage of it indicates a fault in the phones sensors (qcom = qualcomm) caused either by hardware fault or issue with rom.