1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped"

I have only had my Sprint G2 for 3 days. Today i started getting this message every single time I enter the hangouts app: "unfortunately google play services has stopped". Every single time. I press ok and can still use the app as if nothing has happened but this is obviously very annoying. I think hangouts crashed once and I sent a report to google right after it happened. The same message has also popped up a few times will doing other things on the phone. I tried restarting the phone but that has not seemed to help. Should I attempt a factory reset? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can this problem be fixed? Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped"

It could be an issue with the new update for Google Play Services and the G2. Maybe there's some hang up that Google will need to rectify on their part.

I can't really be too much help considering I don't have the phone quite yet (hoping for some Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Christmas deals for Sprint (I'm on an employee plan so I cannot take advantage of the awesome deals elsewhere. ]).

Posted From My Sprint Samsung Nexus S via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BecomingDeath13 View Post
    It could be an issue with the new update for Google Play Services and the G2. Maybe there's some hang up that Google will need to rectify on their part.

I can't really be too much help considering I don't have the phone quite yet (hoping for some Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or Christmas deals for Sprint (I'm on an employee plan so I cannot take advantage of the awesome deals elsewhere. ]).

Posted From My Sprint Samsung Nexus S via Android Central App
    I was actually wondering if that may be a possibility. I can't really tell.

Speaking of deals. I did intend to wait until black Friday but I happened to walk in to best buy & saw a deal that I never saw advertised:

Bring in ANY working phone & get $150 off of the Sprint LG G2 with a 2 year contract.

The phone was $50 + $36 activation fee. I brought in my old HTC hero that I hadn't used in year's and they didn't even look at me funny. They just turned it on to make sure it worked. The rest was history. Apparently the deal ends this Saturday 11/23

But back to the topic. Can anyone else help with this issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA319 View Post
    I have only had my Sprint G2 for 3 days. Today i started getting this message every single time I enter the hangouts app: "unfortunately google play services has stopped". Every single time. I press ok and can still use the app as if nothing has happened but this is obviously very annoying. I think hangouts crashed once and I sent a report to google right after it happened. The same message has also popped up a few times will doing other things on the phone. I tried restarting the phone but that has not seemed to help. Should I attempt a factory reset? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can this problem be fixed? Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA319 View Post
    The above said problem will get solve as under. Menu>app manager>all>Google play services and tap on it>uninstall updates. The Google play services will be uninstalled. The problem will solve surely. Download it again afresh from Google play store. Any more help contact 9419021762
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by shairbadar View Post
    The above said problem will get solve as under. Menu>app manager>all>Google play services and tap on it>uninstall updates. The Google play services will be uninstalled. The problem will solve surely. Download it again afresh from Google play store. Any more help contact 9419021762
    Tried that multiple times now. Anything new besides calling the number you provided?

Posted via Android Central App