Found LgG2 real update news...in Techradar

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
LG

Good news, the LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update is real. Given that LG built the past two Nexus devices, we were a little hopeful.

LG has reiterated that the Nexus 4 is expected to receive its update in the next few weeks, whilst also confirming the LG G2 will get Android 4.4 KitKat, saying "the date for the G2 update is yet to be confirmed".

Other LG devices, including the LG G Pad 8.3 and its Optimus range could also be set of a refresh, with Android 4.4 KitKat supporting devices with RAM as low as 512MB.

Posted via Android Central App

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
LG

Good news, the LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update is real. Given that LG built the past two Nexus devices, we were a little hopeful.

LG has reiterated that the Nexus 4 is expected to receive its update in the next few weeks, whilst also confirming the LG G2 will get Android 4.4 KitKat, saying "the date for the G2 update is yet to be confirmed".

Other LG devices, including the LG G Pad 8.3 and its Optimus range could also be set of a refresh, with Android 4.4 KitKat supporting devices with RAM as low as 512MB.

Posted via Android Central App

No Link?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
What exactly it is that you guys are looking forward to having with 4.4 update? I am just curious.

Also, those who complain LG is not acting fast, think about it, G2 both hardware and software wise has so many device specific features such as hardware button shortcuts, qslide, smartshare, knock on/off, easy shortcut with swipe from bottom, and all the other stuff that I forget to list now, so before 4.4 can be available they need to port all those goodies into a new system and sometimes it gets so complicated because google decided to make drastic changes to code under the hood, the manufacturer go "ah, F'it, I can't do this everytime", but sometimes they just feel pressured to release an update, then we have to deal with carrier, most carriers load bloatware, and unless they can just port the old bloatware to new device, they just end up gaoing "ah F'It, let them buy a new device".

So, when the worst comes to worst, someone releases a custom rom, and those who are desperate for that super duper latest version can have their dose.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
agreed, if you want kit kat that bad, go get it @ xda. its out now. in fact you dont even have to root to get the kit kat experience, side load the google experience launcher. it gives you most all of the features of kit kat including the "ok google" listening feature, and the slide to the left to get to google now. im happy with the stock lg experience.... for now anyway :)

aiaN

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
What exactly it is that you guys are looking forward to having with 4.4 update? I am just curious.

Also, those who complain LG is not acting fast, think about it, G2 both hardware and software wise has so many device specific features such as hardware button shortcuts, qslide, smartshare, knock on/off, easy shortcut with swipe from bottom, and all the other stuff that I forget to list now, so before 4.4 can be available they need to port all those goodies into a new system and sometimes it gets so complicated because google decided to make drastic changes to code under the hood, the manufacturer go "ah, F'it, I can't do this everytime", but sometimes they just feel pressured to release an update, then we have to deal with carrier, most carriers load bloatware, and unless they can just port the old bloatware to new device, they just end up gaoing "ah F'It, let them buy a new device".

So, when the worst comes to worst, someone releases a custom rom, and those who are desperate for that super duper latest version can have their dose.

.... TRIM? Maybee a tiny bit less performance drain and hopefully even longer battery life. Not talking about big numbers. But i think its important to get that TRIM from the 4.3 update.
Everything else is a bonus*
This is a sweet phone. And with cyanogen mod on the horizon for the G2. (For those into close vanilla experience)
I doubt there are many arguments for not having this beast of a phone xD

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
.... TRIM? Maybee a tiny bit less performance drain and hopefully even longer battery life. Not talking about big numbers. But i think its important to get that TRIM from the 4.3 update.
Everything else is a bonus*
This is a sweet phone. And with cyanogen mod on the horizon for the G2. (For those into close vanilla experience)
I doubt there are many arguments for not having this beast of a phone xD

I had to check what TRIM was about
What is TRIM support in Android 4.3 and why should you care? | Pocketnow

I agree, it is a very sweet phone, I am already attached to it like I have been using it for months, it's a strange feeling, but it is a cozy phone for the size.. Hopefully LG will make you guys happy soon, just keep pushing them, for now I am staying where I am of course, no rooting or CM, etc..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11