Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heading4tomorrow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for Lg G2 unlocked

Hey Guys,
    I'm from Israel and planning to buy either Nexus 5/ LG G2 on my trip upcoming this december to the US.
    I planned to order Nexus 5 from Google play to my family in LA for 350$ unlocked and it should work on Israel.
    I didnt' find any similar option for Lg G2 anywhere - does it have a "LG PLAY"? i can buy it unlocked and cheapest like google play?

thanks in advance,
    Amir

Default Re: Looking for Lg G2 unlocked

Unfortunately no if you want an unlocked G2 your gonna pay full retail for it off contract for around $6-700 I believe.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

cheapest i have seen LG G2 32GB (Unlocked) (Black)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Hadanny View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I'm from Israel and planning to buy either Nexus 5/ LG G2 on my trip upcoming this december to the US.
    I planned to order Nexus 5 from Google play to my family in LA for 350$ unlocked and it should work on Israel.
    I didnt' find any similar option for Lg G2 anywhere - does it have a "LG PLAY"? i can buy it unlocked and cheapest like google play?

thanks in advance,
    Amir

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Hey Guys,

thanks in advance,
    Amir
    Unlocked bootloader or unlocked SIM? You won't find an unlocked bootloader but the VS-980 comes with the SIM unlocked. From the Google play store the SIM is unlocked and the bootloader is Locked but is unlockable for the Nexus 5, or any Nexus with a SIM.

Here are some from $459 http://swappa.com/buy/lg-g2-verizon/us
    Phone: LG G2, Nexus 4
    Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013), Xoom
    Retired: Blackberry Storm and 2, Droid X and X2, Galaxy Nexus
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

so all ppl with G2 have locked bootloader forever?

what's the difference between your 459$ links to the one 570$ up there then?

also, will there be a problem to put an israeli GSM sim card in that verizon unlocked one?
    thanks for all your help guys!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

anyone?

Just buy the $350 Nexus, you won't get LG G2 for any cheaper than that, let alone find it unlocked easily, there are 3 variants..
    slinkies likes this.

I think the ones from Swappa are used and the Verizon version is model VS980 the other one is a new SIM unlocked international version model D802.
    Check out the following info LG G2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia you will need to verify the following

1- is the phone SIM unlocked?
    2- will the phone frequencies be compatible with the network I want to use?

so all ppl with G2 have locked bootloader forever?

what's the difference between your 459$ links to the one 570$ up there then?

also, will there be a problem to put an israeli GSM sim card in that verizon unlocked one?
    thanks for all your help guys!