LG G2 camera issues.

yarash barrashi

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased an LG D802 a few days ago, it is running version 4.2.2.
I purchased it from a shop so it is not a service provider release (is this the "open" version?)
This is my first android based device, i love most of it, but i am having some really annoying problems.

1. Is there any way to disable the volume shortcuts while in standby? , i have launched the camera by mistake more than once while the device was in my pocket and in some point i realized the camera is on and much of my battery got drained.
It is way to easy to press it.

2. Whan i take a video, if i play it in the stock camera it plays sideways, if i quit the camera and play it with a video player it plays fine.

3. The camera has great quality for as long as i am using it on static objects, if it is a bit dark it is all laggy and tiny movement create a smudged photo.

Am i the only one experiencing this?
I could find no information regarding these problems online :\

Thanks for any info.

Posted via Android Central App

Pantothenic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't find answers to these questions either. #3 is especially frustrating. Everyone talks about how great the camera is on this phone but all my pics come out blurry. I've even downloaded camera apps (Snap Camera & Camera Zoom FX) yet they can't take a clear picture unless the subject is completely still. I've messed with the settings in every configuration possible. No luck. I'm beginning to wonder if some of these phones have bad cameras.

Jastow

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
It's been discussed on here and the other android forum in length. "Some" say nothing is wrong and everyone else knows this is an issue. Coming from a Nokia 920, I was spoiled and have had to change the way I take photos, ie wait for my dog to stop moving or just delete a bunch of blotched photos. Some of the settings and mode can help reduce the blur or exaggerate it. Basically, nothing you can really do about it...I compared my phones camera with a new one in the box at the AT&T store and they both displayed the same behavior.

posted from LG G2

captibrahim

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
My camera also taking very bad shots.i also tried every configuration but no chance.Pictures are so blurry .5 of 10 pictures are terrible .other five not so good.i will get rid of this phone as soon as possible

Last edited:

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Google is already sending ota fixes for the N5. Yet not a peep from LG about fixing the G2 camera/video problems.

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I guess my issue falls into this category as well, but I'm having problems with the audio on the VIDEO camera. Everything goes "in and out" and sounds like "wah wah wah." The sound is very thin and "tinny." Is there a setting to fix this or do the microphones on the G2 just suck?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes they just suck. the audio on recorded videos is pretty bad. Nexus 5 was too when first released, but Google fixed it in the 4.4.1 update.

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes they just suck. the audio on recorded videos is pretty bad. Nexus 5 was too when first released, but Google fixed it in the 4.4.1 update.

So it really isn't a problem with the hardware, it's a network thing?

I hope they fix this issue with the G2, it's really irritating, especially considering how LG/Sprint marketed how the camera, video, and sound were apparently decent...

My own fault for not doing my homework on this phone...

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the network has anything to do with it. Every videos I've seen has the same horrible audio. The LG camera is very overrated. Still if the camera isn't important, the LG G2 is a very nice device otherwise. I may be something that could be easily fixed just like with the Nexus 5, especially since its made from the same manufacturer and closely related to each other component wise. Unfortunately nobody LG isn't Google and camera fix update may never come.

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the network has anything to do with it. Every videos I've seen has the same horrible audio. The LG camera is very overrated. Still if the camera isn't important, the LG G2 is a very nice device otherwise. I may be something that could be easily fixed just like with the Nexus 5, especially since its made from the same manufacturer and closely related to each other component wise. Unfortunately nobody LG isn't Google and camera fix update may never come.

Very overrated, indeed! Aside from the sound quality of videos, I'm very happy with my G2, I just wish the sound was as good as it was advertised to be. They advertise you can record concerts, sporting events, and anything else where sound may be important, but as consumers (such as myself...) are finding out, that's incorrect.

I'm not holding my breath on an update, but it would be nice.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually the audio when recording loud sounds or when talking is good. I'm talking about an overall muddled, muffled back ground sounds on videos taken in more quiet surroundings. You can clearly hear the over digressive sound suppression going on. Making videos sound like they were taken in a cave or underwater. The again the Nexus 5 is on 4.4.2 while the Lg G2 is still on what, 4.2.2?

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually the audio when recording loud sounds or when talking is good. I'm talking about an overall muddled, muffled back ground sounds on videos taken in more quiet surroundings. You can clearly hear the over digressive sound suppression going on. Making videos sound like they were taken in a cave or underwater. The again the Nexus 5 is on 4.4.2 while the Lg G2 is still on what, 4.2.2?

Sulla, I would have to disagree with you. I've tried to record myself playing my guitar (at quite loud volumes, I may add...) and record, but it doesn't matter how loud or how quiet I'm playing, the result is the same. I get a horrible "wah wah wah" effect, and basically this "tinny" sounding echo, if that's what ya wanna call it. I wish there was a way to fix this issue. :-\

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
These issues probably can't be fixed until lg decides to update your device because everything I'm hearing all sounds like software issues that can be fixed. My best advise would be to try a different camera app to see if you get the same issues as far as sound and blurry pictures.

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
These issues probably can't be fixed until lg decides to update your device because everything I'm hearing all sounds like software issues that can be fixed. My best advise would be to try a different camera app to see if you get the same issues as far as sound and blurry pictures.

Keywords: "CAN be... Whether LG decides to is another story altogether. I'd like to hope they'd be on top of it in the same way Apple tries to get fixes out for their products.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Exactly while I like the g2's hardware I'm scared by lg's track record on updating phones and squashing bugs in a timely manner. I had the lg Optimus g on sprint and that thing got left behind pretty quickly.

Kafeel Anwer

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

I bought LG G2 solely based on ots camera reviews since I needed a good camera phone and this supposedly has the best camera according to reviews. My lg g2 takes worst pictures than a 5 year old blackberry. They're blurry and smudged and it takes several seconds to focus. Really disappointed and wondering if there's a solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane