Initial Charging for Brand New LG G2

arkin02

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, I'm just new to this forum. I just want to ask, how long did it take your initial charge for your LG G2. I'm getting my G2 in a couple of days, and when i drain the battery, i want to make sure that i charge it correctly. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

mjesheem

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you just say 80 to 100% in an hour?? I'm getting my G2 today in sha Allah!
BTW I should drain my battery before charging it initially.. Right???

Sent from my HTC Desire HD powered by JellyBean 4.2.2

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hmm the charging is not so good haliza, mine charging 1% in 1.2 minutes, from 25 to 100 in 1.3 hours.... And mjesh, be sure you drain it completely the first time

Sent from my LG-D802

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Not necessary....lithium ion batteries do not have memory like the batteries of old. Actually draining lithium ion batteries shortens there life span and is not recommended....also, these batteries trickle charge when they get to the 100% mark, preventing overcharging.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
hi guys, I'm just new to this forum. I just want to ask, how long did it take your initial charge for your LG G2. I'm getting my G2 in a couple of days, and when i drain the battery, i want to make sure that i charge it correctly. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Please see my previous comment. Draining the battery is not necessary. It actually does more harm than good...feel free to charge it at whatever percent it comes in at.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm the charging is not so good haliza, mine charging 1% in 1.2 minutes, from 25 to 100 in 1.3 hours.... And mjesh, be sure you drain it completely the first time

Sent from my LG-D802

Draining the battery (lithium ion)is never a good idea. If you can charge it do so. These types of batteries last longer (in life cycle) by NOT letting them drain completely...

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Draining the battery (lithium ion)is never a good idea. If you can charge it do so. These types of batteries last longer (in life cycle) by NOT letting them drain completely...

Well I didn't rally knew that, the stigma is that you have to drain it at first but I guess it's wrong with the lithium, thx for the info

Sent from my LG-D802

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

It was probably done way before then. This phone charges really fast, and the battery lasts a really long time. I plugged it in, did a few things around the house, and it was already charged. If that had been my HTC One, it wouldn't have even been close to being charged.

- - - Updated - - -

Sent from my LG-D802

I wasn't watching it...I've gone from 40% to 100% in an hour, also.

luqman24

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I never drained mine when I first got it about 2 weeks ago and the battery life is superb. I usually get 5-5.5 hours of screen time on moderate to heavy usage with 60% brightness. I don't think draining the battery is necessary anymore like others have mentioned above.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi
As others have said, it's not necessary to drain lithium batteries because they have no memory. Draining them can damage them permanently if you do it too frequently.

The instructions that LG give are, when you first get your phone, to immediately plug it in and charge fully before you even start using it. That's what i did (i was aching to use it) and i'm getting pretty decent battery life with a solid 9-10 hours with the screen constantly on while using the phone.

Josh1303

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to charge my LG g2 to full battery. Is it going to be not a good hold now? I think I charged it back top top at 30 percent. Is it OK to let the phone go down to 20 percent range for battery?

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to charge my LG g2 to full battery. Is it going to be not a good hold now?
Don't worry. It won't even make the slightest difference.

Is it OK to let the phone go down to 20 percent range for battery?
Yes, but it's generally best plug in the charger when its around 30 to 70% full. It's best not to let it discharge to below 20% too frequently.

Lithium batteries are best when they're topped up frequently, so don't worry about plugging in the charger every time it reaches (say) 80%

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui