Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen cracked - touch screen not working and cannot access USB storage mode :(

Hi, first post here, hoping someone can help me. My G2 was grabbed from me in an attempt to steal it, they took it from my hand and I pulled it back, they let go and it dropped on its bottom left corner, cracking the screen and rendering the touch screen useless. I have important pictures/data etc on the phone itself, but I can't access it when I plug in my phone. I was wondering if anyone knows any way I can access my files VIA my PC. My LG G2 has not been rooted etc, it is just as I bought it. I am from the U.K. I hope someone here can help me

Bhav

Default Re: Screen cracked - touch screen not working and cannot access USB storage mode :(

From what I know when you plug it into your pc via USB cable you got in the box, you'll get the access to the phone from your computer, you'll see it in a form of another storage under "other devices" inside "My computer".
    You don't need to press anything on your phone, hope I helped

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Screen cracked - touch screen not working and cannot access USB storage mode :(

Thanks for the reply, but that's the thing, nothing shows up at all under my computer. The computer registers that USB has been plugged in but nothing comes up

Strange, it's suppose to install the driver automatically, try the "Kies" app, install it on your pc, it's a kind of iTunes but for android

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk

Also try different USB exit

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Tried all of that, installed LG PC Suite but it requires me to choose an option on the phones screen.

Hmm then the only thing to do is to go to a lab and have them do it, they got a special device that transfers everything, sorry man

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah or I was thinking of purchasing the digitizer and replacing it myself

Well if you know anything about that it would be cheaper so good luck, hope you'll solve the problem

Sent from my LG-D802
    Using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can manually download the drivers online. Just search LG Mobile drivers on google. Hope this helps.