Reasons to root?

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, just wonder what are your reasons to root your device? I personally think that root is necessary to make hidden the soft keys and to make use of the greenify. How about you?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Rooting allows all kinds of goodness. From uninstalling carrier bloat to using Titanium backup to switching fonts with a font manager and more. Rooting the G2 using Motochopper is so easy there's just not a whole lot of reason not to.

Last edited:

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
No I know, I am quite familiar with the rooting process and its goodies, I just wanted to see what other people are thinking about rooting and thay are planning to do once they root :)))

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
For me, rooting allows font changing and better battery life.
The G2 already gives me these.
Once there are a few more ROMs available, I may do the root.
Hope to get KitKat in the next few months first.
Just my $.02
Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've rooted my phones (S2 Skyrocket & LG G2) in order to remove bloatware, underclock, use root only apps, change boot animation and flash stock-like custom ROMs.

Posted via Android Central App

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Rooted my G2 but yet to flash any ROMs. Quick question (sorry for hijacking your thread!) Are there any ROMs that support the quick window function? I've got 2 of these, in black and white, and I really love the quick window.

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

oilhammer

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
So - I have been rooted for about three weeks. I really like being able to remove the bloatware and ẗweak? some things......Last night I realized there was a 57 meg carrier update. Once downloaded , it rebooted and I got an error saying the device is suspected of being rooted.

Once kitkat is released will that also get blocked because I have rooted. How do I get around this?

thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol