Tempted to get a G2, but...

Shadowhunta

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I want to get a G2 for my contract upgrade, ever since i saw one i was impressed, problem is...here in the UK there is no 32GB version unless you buy from Ebay, those phones however are not from the UK and thus all warranty is void (Plus i don't have ?400+ spare to spend on a phone)
So my question is...is anyone here on a 16GB UK handset and finding 16GB is fine, space wise? I don't end to store music or movies on my phone and i rarely play mobile games, i mostly use mine for life simplifying apps and social media, will 16GB be enough?

cheers guys and gals!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I want to get a G2 for my contract upgrade, ever since i saw one i was impressed, problem is...here in the UK there is no 32GB version unless you buy from Ebay, those phones however are not from the UK and thus all warranty is void (Plus i don't have ?400+ spare to spend on a phone)
So my question is...is anyone here on a 16GB UK handset and finding 16GB is fine, space wise? I don't end to store music or movies on my phone and i rarely play mobile games, i mostly use mine for life simplifying apps and social media, will 16GB be enough?

cheers guys and gals!

I had Droid DNA with only 16GB, and I never had any storage problems, even keeping about a dozen or so albums on my phone for those times I couldn't stream.

Posted via Android Central App

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Don't forget that you have 50 gb on the Box wireless storage when you buy a g2, you can access everything on it so 16gb is alright for you.

Sent from my LG-D802

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
For your use 16 gig seems fine and the G2 is really looking nice as well

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

cheers guys and gals!
Hey there
I've got the 16GB version(please note that only 10.7GB is available for you) and i'm finding it just fine.
I have plenty of games and all the apps moved over from my last phone, and i still have 7.8GB left. That's more than enough if i ever need to take lots of pics and vids because when i get home i can easily move them to my PC.

So yeah, for 99.9% of circumstances you'll be fine with the 16GB version.

Last edited:

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the 32 gb model and I ve have a ton of apps and games (like asphalt 8 and Modern Combat) and plenty of pictures and video with around 200 songs in it and i still havent hit 8gbs... If youre a light gamer then you wouldnt have problem... If you do like taking videos at 1080p then i advise to place them every night to your computer which is easy because G2 has wireless storage and transfer that way!
16gbs would be more than enough for you.

side note: a 1 minute video takes like 150mb of space and a 5 minute video is around 750-800 mb

Phil Hendy

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 32gb D802 from EBay UK and registered its IMEI on the LG UK support website with no problem at all. I personally wouldn't worry about it, mine cost ?385 which is ?14 cheaper than 3uk are selling the 16gb version for - no brainer really.

Shadowhunta

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought a 32gb D802 from EBay UK and registered its IMEI on the LG UK support website with no problem at all. I personally wouldn't worry about it, mine cost ?385 which is ?14 cheaper than 3uk are selling the 16gb version for - no brainer really.

See, the official response i got from LG was that they would provide support, but due to the spec being different to the UK model (32GB as opposed to 16GB) the warranty would be invalid.

Phil Hendy

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
That may well be right but at least you know you would get support. As for warranty I don't expect them to cover me in the UK but I do think they will assist me in getting the phone returned to the right international market to get a repair done - not quick but hopefully would be fixed nonetheless, let's hope I never have to try :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance