1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default screen protectors

I searched for a thread just on screen protectors and could not find one [maybe I didn't search right] Would some of you g2 veterans state which brand of screen protectors [not with cases or cases] you are using that work okay. I hear that some are hard to put/stay on because of the way the glass is curved. Looking for ATT versions. Thanks so much

Default Re: screen protectors

I went with this []Amazon.com: [Pure Oleophobic] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - 2 Pack - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, International, and Unlocked - LG Optimus G2 D802 2013 Model: Cell Phones and it was a simply dry install that worked perfect. I do not see much in the way of fingerprints and when applied properly is hard to see on the phone itself.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks! I have read in other places that the lgg2's curved screen can be an issue with protectors. Do you find that to be a problem? Like not sticking and peeling up because the protector does not go edge to edge?
    Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    Thanks! I have read in other places that the lgg2's curved screen can be an issue with protectors. Do you find that to be a problem? Like not sticking and peeling up because the protector does not go edge to edge?
    Thanks for your help
    No, not with this one but with the in store brands that was the case. So far the edges are still attached to the phone without lifting or pealing back and I do not expect that to happen.
    Thanked by:

I got the same Obliq screen protector for my G2. Looks great and no issues around the edge of screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

One more thing on this please. Do the protectors cover up the sensor on front? And if so, does it interfere with the function of the phone, like the knock-on?
    Thanks

I have the oblique too and it covers one of the sensor right next to the ear piece thing at the top I think that's what its called but I doesn't do interfere with it. It doesn't cover the whole screen so the when you put a case on it the protector doesn't peel off

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The item from amazon that you recommend says for the LG Optimus G2???

That's the link to the one I ordered for the G2 it's also very easy to instal

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kdroid View Post
    I went with this []Amazon.com: [Pure Oleophobic] - Obliq LG Optimus G2 Screen Protector Zeiss Pure Series - 2 Pack - Premium Japanese Film - Lifetime Replacement - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, International, and Unlocked - LG Optimus G2 D802 2013 Model: Cell Phones and it was a simply dry install that worked perfect. I do not see much in the way of fingerprints and when applied properly is hard to see on the phone itself.

Has anyone used this with a case? I have a diztronics case and I wonder if the two are compatible. (Some cases touch the edges of the protectors and cause them to lift or bubble)

I see no reason to get a screen protector for this or any newer smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    I see no reason to get a screen protector for this or any newer smart phone.
    I do. They still scratch and I don't want scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Some_Nobody View Post
    Never ever been an issue for me in all the years I've owned smartphones.

+1. Displays have come a long way but gorilla glass is not impervious to scratches.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Has anyone used this with a case? I have a diztronics case and I wonder if the two are compatible. (Some cases touch the edges of the protectors and cause them to lift or bubble)
    It should work just fine and works for both the incipio dual and ballistic without issue
    Thanked by: