1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ringtones

I looked on the user guide but could not find an answer to this: I assume I will be able to hook the lg g2 to my computer and have access to send my own ringtones to the phone and use them instead of the stock choir boy ones, yes?
    Thank you

Default Re: ringtones

I use airdroid to transfer files back and forth. airdroid rocks and has other features.

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    I looked on the user guide but could not find an answer to this: I assume I will be able to hook the lg g2 to my computer and have access to send my own ringtones to the phone and use them instead of the stock choir boy ones, yes?
    Thank you
    Thanked by:

Thank you
    Lol @ choir boys !
    Yes you can do that ...
    You can use the Ringdroid and Zedge app also .. Great for ringtones!
    Known to some as Euphorian

QBKing77.com "Your tech simplified"
    Thanked by:

yes. but you don't need to connect to a computer. simply use or create a "Ringtones" folder on your SD Card and download the Ringtone files you wish to use. do a soft reset and they should show up in your ringtone picker.

you can also use ASTRO file manager to manage the folders and files.

good luck.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks much. But if I wanted to connect to computer does the LG show up as a drive that I can copy and paste ringtones and also my MP3 music?

it should.
    Thanked by:

Thanks much. But if I wanted to connect to computer does the LG show up as a drive that I can copy and paste ringtones and also my MP3 music?
    Yes as long as you have a Data microUSB and the correct drivers for your phone on your PC it will work.
    Known to some as Euphorian

QBKing77.com "Your tech simplified"

You can either:
    1) use dropbox or box(get the free 50GB offer) and then transfer them to either the notifications or ringtones folder using a file manager(such as astro)
    or
    2) plug in your usb and select the Media sync (MTP) option from the pop dialgue box on your phone. You will then see the contents of your phone as if it's a removable drive on your pc, so you can then just place them into the ringtones or notifications folder.

After they're placed in the notifications or ringotones folder they'll show up automaticlly when you go to select an audio file
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar72 View Post
    Yes as long as you have a Data microUSB and the correct drivers for your phone on your PC it will work.
    Are the LG drives hard to get? I always thought drivers install when you hook up you phone to the computer. Has anyone tried to hook up to the computer via usb cable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobotHeaven View Post
    You can either:
    1) use dropbox or box(get the free 50GB offer) and then transfer them to either the notifications or ringtones folder using a file manager(such as astro)
    I have google drive, I would hope that would work too.

I have google drive, I would hope that would work too.
    Sure no problem. Dropbox and box are just examples so don't worry
    Thanked by: