Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donm527
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review

So during the whole Black Friday to Cyber monday Weekend, Exoskin had a sale for LG G2 skins (and other phones too) It was marked down to 5.99 from an original 14.99 so i picked it up. It came in the mail within two days and I've been using it ever since and here's my thoughts so far:

Packaging: came in a simple flat cardboard box and it was pretty swift.

Installation: This was the most annoying part. The back is especially hard to stick correctly. I'm not really good lining it up with the LG Logo and Camera. I had to take it out more than 10 times. However it still was as sticky as it was the first time i tried sticking it. I sorta ripped parts of the flash hole since the space between the flash and camera is fairly small. I finally put it on after 45 minutes of trying. My strategy was placing the top first and lining the mic hole on the top then work my way down.

Appearance: I originally wanted the white phone but the Tmobile Store ran out near my place so I went with Black. The Brush aluminum is a great substitute for the white. There are still strips of black appearing near the corners of the phone but my friends are giving compliments when I first showed it to them. They thought it was a completely new phone ahaha. The texture isnt high quality. its different but still may have a plastic-y feel. Other quirks are the the front bottom vinyl isnt fully fitted to cover it. It somewhat curves at the top so it shows a little black near the screen. Overall, For 5.99 Im a happy customer. Installation sucks though.

Sorry the pictures were taken from a 5MP Samsung Vibrant ... best I have..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review-img_20050101_000754.jpg   ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review-img_20050101_000818.jpg   ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review-img_20050101_000827.jpg   ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review-img_20050101_000855.jpg   ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review-img_20050101_000909.jpg  

Last edited by Euan Tan; 12-07-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: ExoSkin Brushed Aluminum Review

Can't say I was looking for this but it's always cool to see reviews of products just in case.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Makes it look at an HTC One lol. interesting.
    Thanked by:
    wakkang likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Makes it look at an HTC One lol. interesting.
    omg so true I was wondering why it seems so familiar

I think it looks OK, not much better than when it was black, but not worse either, sucks that you got some bubbles on the bottom.
    How is the texture against your hand, is it better than the stock back plate? I hate how slipper the phone is, I love it naked but I have no choice and must run a case to keep it from sliding all over, so I was actually looking for a clear or at least all black skin sort of thing to stick to make it less slippery, if this is any better I could go for it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Idk about the black version of the skin as it might have a different texture but the brush aluminum doesn't add that much grip..barely any I would say like it has the same grip between a piece of paper and sanding paper ..like halfway between those two... Air bubbles r annoying but I ended up putting a case on it because I was afraid of dropping the phone..I only wanted the front ones lol

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tan View Post
    Idk about the black version of the skin as it might have a different texture but the brush aluminum doesn't add that much grip..barely any I would say like it has the same grip between a piece of paper and sanding paper ..like halfway between those two... Air bubbles r annoying but I ended up putting a case on it because I was afraid of dropping the phone..I only wanted the front ones lol

Well, you could have gone with clear case, the back looks pretty good actually.