Why doesn't my Multi Photo Wallpaper work?

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Considering all that this device does do, I'm at a loss on why it won't add any of my images on the Tap + to add image screen.
When I select Apply anyway it displays a black wallpaper for all home screens with a static loading circle gif that only spins when you touch and move any homescreen.
Any ideas? TIA! I have searched and researched this but can't find any reported problems.
BTW, day 15 of another 2 yr att contract (previous=GS2Skyrocket) and couldn't justify a $199.99 N3 to this $0.00 G2

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
not quite sure but maybe the default app you chose to select images isn't your gallery but a different app? go to Settings> General > Apps > Under all apps look for Multi photo and scroll down to clear defaults?

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I found Launch By Default = No defaults set, I wouldn't have thought to go there and do that.
The Select a photo screen is displaying all of my Gallery picture thumbs as well as one thumb titled Folders (which includes every other form of image I have) under the title of Camera. I have tried using every form of image to no avail. A software update from att loaded last nite (?) but still the prob. Software version = D80010o.
Thanks again.

Kimberly1998

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried going to application manager, and went on Multi Photo Wallpaper and then it saids " no defaults set" because same with me when I put apply on Multi-photo wallpaper all my screens were black with the loading circle. Any Help?

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Kimberly- (ATT?) -thanks for having the same problem as me- thanks for the post. I've been searching/waiting for others' reports.
Thanks Euan, it's not that big of a deal to me but I would still like to find the cause.
Happy New Year!

praniit

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I just received mine yesterday and yeah I for the person I am, went on performing all sorts of experiments with my G2 {and by the way kudos to all of us for G2 is one Beast of a phone :) } I did face the same problem and solved it by factory resetting as my phone was still new and I didn't load much of apps. Still there are a few things I realized.
firstly When we select multi photo wallpaper and we tap to add image, we are asked to choose between Gallery and Photos. Gallery being the stock viewer and Photos comes up with google services. Now what I noted is when we add images with Gallery its working fine but while cropping, "Photos" was better at it, so I selected "Photos" for adding Images as well and selected it to perform the task 'always' which I believe is what caused the problem for me. Now after the reboot I've selected gallery for adding and "Photos" for cropping and it works well.
Hope that helps. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87