LG G2, the most shockingly competent phone on the market!

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Greetings everyone! Being a proud owner of a new LG G2 (on T MO, for the first time), I am shocked at the capabilities and smoothness of this device. I spent many years holding onto Samsung, but have now convincingly cut that cord! Goodbye expandable SD card (don't need it)...goodbye removable battery (this battery is awesome). I am soo sick and tired of the Geek media slamming the new configuration of the power/volume buttons. Either they are the most uncoordinated bafoons using a phone or the most spoiled bunch of crybabies (hey, don't mess with my buttons, this is an industry standard) I have ever seen. LG had the cahoona's to shake up the market, take on Samsung and flatten them in their own back yard! I tip my hat to you LG. As I reach for this phone in my pocket, my finger is already on power button, pull it out, double tap and I am in business. Perform task, double tap, screen off, back in pocket... Shockingly competent! Screaming fast, great camera, no lag and I love an underdog!! Eye candy for these old eyes, and so glad I didn't get a Note 3. Bring on KitKat 4.4 and it's lights out!

Posted via Android Central App

Phil Hendy

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Greetings everyone! Being a proud owner of a new LG G2 (on T MO, for the first time), I am shocked at the capabilities and smoothness of this device. I spent many years holding onto Samsung, but have now convincingly cut that cord! Goodbye expandable SD card (don't need it)...goodbye removable battery (this battery is awesome). I am soo sick and tired of the Geek media slamming the new configuration of the power/volume buttons. Either they are the most uncoordinated bafoons using a phone or the most spoiled bunch of crybabies (hey, don't mess with my buttons, this is an industry standard) I have ever seen. LG had the cahoona's to shake up the market, take on Samsung and flatten them in their own back yard! I tip my hat to you LG. As I reach for this phone in my pocket, my finger is already on power button, pull it out, double tap and I am in business. Perform task, double tap, screen off, back in pocket... Shockingly competent! Screaming fast, great camera, no lag and I love an underdog!! Eye candy for these old eyes, I and so glad I didn't get a Note 3. Bring on KitKat 4.4 and it's lights out!

I have to disagree on the camera, it takes great pictures in decent light but the focus is often too slow for snapping the kids, and at night the video -especially outdoors in street lighting is a smeary mess, fix those issues and the phone is damn near perfect.

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the correct spelling, it more clearly states my facts! As for the camera, I guess I'm not as fussy as most. My Canon SD700 with just 6 megapixels still takes incredible photos and my go to device when images count. Yes I carry both, but the convenience of using the G2 to take a quality shot and upload fast far exceeds my expectations.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Greetings everyone! Being a proud owner of a new LG G2 (on T MO, for the first time), I am shocked at the capabilities and smoothness of this device. I spent many years holding onto Samsung, but have now convincingly cut that cord! Goodbye expandable SD card (don't need it)...goodbye removable battery (this battery is awesome). I am soo sick and tired of the Geek media slamming the new configuration of the power/volume buttons. Either they are the most uncoordinated bafoons using a phone or the most spoiled bunch of crybabies (hey, don't mess with my buttons, this is an industry standard) I have ever seen. LG had the cahoona's to shake up the market, take on Samsung and flatten them in their own back yard! I tip my hat to you LG. As I reach for this phone in my pocket, my finger is already on power button, pull it out, double tap and I am in business. Perform task, double tap, screen off, back in pocket... Shockingly competent! Screaming fast, great camera, no lag and I love an underdog!! Eye candy for these old eyes, and so glad I didn't get a Note 3. Bring on KitKat 4.4 and it's lights out!

Lol....

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree on the camera, it takes great pictures in decent light but the focus is often too slow for snapping the kids, and at night the video -especially outdoors in street lighting is a smeary mess, fix those issues and the phone is damn near perfect.

Go over to xda and flash Xdabbeb's Camera v1.2.0

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Phil Hendy

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Go over to xda and flash Xdabbeb's Camera v1.2.0

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I did know but that requires root which I am holding off for the time being, the official Korean apk will come along soon enough, that said if there's no show by February 1st then I will root and apply the fix :)

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Da BALLS!!! LG had the nutsack, the jewels, the boys and the guts not to conform, to step out on a limb (hopefully not fall on their nutsack) to bring a new configuration of da volume and da power button...you would think I live in Chicago but I don't and hate da Bears!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool